The MIA emphasizes multi- and interdisciplinary courses that put equal weight on topics in business administration, economics, law, and political sciences and make use of innovative teaching formats. Specifically, the curriculum is structured along three pillars – thematic, methodological and professional - for an optimal balance between fundamental knowledge, empirical applications, and a professional education.
The International Affairs and Governance (MIA) programme at the University of St. Gallen (HSG) prepares you for an attractive professional career. Statistics show that more than half of our graduates go on to work in the private sector, in banking and financial institutions, for insurance companies, consultancies and other multinational corporations.
- International Politics and Market Economy
- International Law and Business Strategy
- Data Analytics and Causal Inference
- Strategies of Social Science Inquiry
- Cases in International Affairs
- Consultancy Projects
- Multilevel Energy and Climate Governance
- Politics in Financial Regulation
- Foreign Policy Strategies
- 18 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesInternational Relations Public Policy Political Science View 15 other Masters in Political Science in Switzerland
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
If you have one of the following degrees, then you can apply directly for the Master's program:
- University Bachelor's degree in a similar subject
- A degree is considered to be similar if at least 30 ECTS credit points have been awarded in law subjects.
- Consecutive university Master's degree
- Bachelor's and Master's Degree programs must have been completed in the same discipline (consecutively) and amount to at least 270 ECTS credit points together. You must provide evidence that you have taken 30 ECTS credit points in law subjects over the entire course.
The following criteria will be assessed in the selection process:
- average grade
- study qualification test (optional)
- university and curriculum of the degree program
- extracurricular activities an
- written and an oral examination before being admitted
- intercultural mobility
- letter of motivation
International6824 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3412 EUR per semester during 18 months.
National2930 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1465 EUR per semester during 18 months.
- CHF 1429 - National
- CHF 3329 - International
Living costs for St. Gallen
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.