The MIA emphasizes multi- and interdisciplinary courses that put equal weight on topics in business administration, economics, law, and political sciences and make use of innovative teaching formats. Specifically, the curriculum is structured along three pillars – thematic, methodological and professional - for an optimal balance between fundamental knowledge, empirical applications, and a professional education.
The International Affairs and Governance (MIA) programme at the University of St. Gallen (HSG) prepares you for an attractive professional career. Statistics show that more than half of our graduates go on to work in the private sector, in banking and financial institutions, for insurance companies, consultancies and other multinational corporations.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- International Politics and Market Economy
- International Law and Business Strategy
- Data Analytics and Causal Inference
- Strategies of Social Science Inquiry
- Cases in International Affairs
- Consultancy Projects
- Multilevel Energy and Climate Governance
- Politics in Financial Regulation
- Foreign Policy Strategies
- 18 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesInternational Relations Political Science View 12 other Masters in Political Science in Switzerland
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
If you have one of the following degrees from a recognised university or complete one before your chosen degree programme starts, then you can apply for this Master's programme:
- University Bachelor's degree in Economics, Social Sciences or Law with at least 30 ECTS credit points in Economics, Social Sciences, Law, Political Sciences, Public Administration or International Affairs.
- Consecutive University Master's degree in another disciplineBachelor's and Master's degree programmes must have been completed in the same discipline (consecutively) and amount to at least 270 ECTS credit points together.
International6180 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 3090 EUR per semester and a duration of 18 months.
EU/EEA2652 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1326 EUR per semester and a duration of 18 months.
- CHF 1429 - National
- CHF 3329 - International
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.