What you will learn
The Global Medicine MSc program offered by University of Southern California provides a solid foundation in basic science while also exposing students to a broad scope of pertinent issues in global medicine. The program offers an advanced standing option for physicians, dentists, current medical/dental students and applicants with a PharmD degree from accredited institutions. The advanced standing option allows students to bypass the foundation course work and focus on globally oriented course work.
By providing the knowledge and training necessary to address current and future global medical challenges, the MS in Global Medicine program responds to the Institute of Medicine’s recommendation that the education of health professionals include course work that promotes literacy in global medicine. In addition to gaining a strong medical science foundation, students are immersed in course work that examines methods used to create innovative programming, solutions, and responses to global health challenges, thereby furnishing them with the problem-solving skills and analytical frameworks essential to their future career paths. Through partnerships with the Marshall School of Business and the Viterbi School of Engineering, the MS in Global Medicine also includes a Management Track for students who intend to pursue international health management.
- The MS in Global Medicine also offers the Interprofessional Health Track for students seeking an understanding of the interplay of various clinical specialties in providing comprehensive and integrated care to patients and the resultant impacts on healthcare administration. Upon completion of the MS in Global Medicine, students will be equipped to serve as leaders within the allied health field, including, but not limited to: medicine, pharmacy, dentistry and nursing.
- In addition, graduates will be prepared to collaborate with, or seek employment from, a variety of international aid, nonprofit, and global health organizations such as: the United Nations, the International Red Cross, United Nations Joint Programme on HIV/AIDS, United Nations Children’s Fund, World Health Organization, World Bank and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
- Critical Issues in Global Health
- Cultural Humility in Health and Medicine
- Health and Human Rights
- Children in Emergency Situations: Global Policies and Programs
- Emerging and Re-emerging Infectious Diseases
- Global Toxicity and Carcinogenesis
- Global Mental Health
- Sexually Transmitted Infections
- Refugee Health Care
- Anatomy, Physiology, and Pathology
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesPublic Health Health Management Health Sciences View 727 other Masters in Health Management in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- You must hold a degree considered equivalent to a U.S. bachelor's degree, as evaluated by the USC Office of Graduate & International Admission.
- Your college or university must be recognized by the appropriate governmental ministry as a degree-granting institution.
- All transcripts and degree certificates/diplomas must be written in the original language of instruction.
- Official transcripts must show all courses and subjects taken and all grades (marks) received.
- Official transcripts must be sent directly to USC by the college or university.
International60446 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 30223 USD per semester during 24 months.
National60446 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 30223 USD per semester during 24 months.
Living costs for Los Angeles
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.