Marine Biological Resources (IMBRSea) (Erasmus Mundus) from The University of Oviedo covers a wide, yet consistent range of subjects within the fields of marine sciences and biological resources. With an emphasis on marine biological and ecological processes, the program links the biology of marine organisms and environmental studies with application of marine conservation, management, policy and planning. IMBRSea is packed with activities during the two years of studies. Students first go to one of 6 universities where they will all follow the same Fundamental Modules, with the same common basic subjects. In the second semester it is time for the Thematic modules and Professional Practice. Students are able to choose which classes to take within their Thematic Modules and are able to compete for various placements offered by our Partners for the Professional Practice.
Students at Marine Biological Resources (IMBRSea) (Erasmus Mundus) from The University of Oviedo will:
- encounter different environments, but you will soon see that the challenges in each are similar
- foster their talents, regardless of gender, cultural or social background.
- have the opportunity to contribute to the course content, helping to ensure a high quality education.
- be prepared for both international and inter-cultural exchanges.
- gain experience across borders, opening our doors to students from all over the world, as well as welcoming lecturers and academic staff from abroad.
- Marine Ecology
- Marine Genomics
- Marine Policy and Governance
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesHydrology & Water Management Environmental Economics & Policy Marine Studies View 4 other Masters in Hydrology & Water Management in Spain
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Valid passport or ID-card
- Europass CV
- A prerequisite for admission is that applicants have a Bachelor (or Master) degree in biology, ecology, environmental sciences, oceanography, marine sciences, (bio)chemistry, biotechnology, geography, geology, veterinary medicine or other equivalent degrees, with minimum 180 credits.
- Language proficiency documentation
- Contact details of at least 2 academic referees
- Complete motivation
- Other relevant documentation
International9000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9000 EUR per year during 24 months.
EU/EEA4500 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4500 EUR per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Oviedo
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.