The Information Systems with Computing (Full-Time) programme at Dublin Business School is designed to create a deep level of knowledge and understanding in core areas such as programming, databases, web technologies and security while also offering practical skills in contemporary topics such as data analytics, distributed systems and mobile and social computing. In addition, the programme allows students to explore the issues around the management of information technology in business and industrial contexts. The programme was designed with significant input from industry and reflects the driving ethos of DBS to provide learners with career-focused programmes to enhance graduate’s employability.
Key Features of the Programme
The programme is applied in nature, delivering a graduate with practical skills and expertise to augment theoretical knowledge and understanding.
The development of analytical and problem solving abilities as well as essential managerial skills such as team working, leadership and effective communication skills.
The MSc in Information Systems with Computing will provide you with the skills and knowledge to further develop your personal interests and career prospects in areas with skills gaps as identified by the government and industry. Typical career paths include software engineering, web application development, software analysis and design roles, systems support engineer, database developer, technical consultancy and project management roles. Graduates from MSc in Information Systems with Computing programme have the potential to work in areas such as System Analysis, Software Engineering, Enterprise Information System, Web Technologies, and Data Analytics in a wide variety of industries.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Software Engineering
- Advanced Databases
- Networks and Systems Administration
- Programming for Information Systems
- Web and Mobile Technologies
- Applied Research Methods
- Enterprise Information Systems
- Data Analytics and Visualisation
- Computer Systems Security
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesIndustrial & Systems Engineering Web Technologies & Cloud Computing View 20 other Masters in Web Technologies & Cloud Computing in Ireland
- A Level 8 primary undergraduate honours degree with a minimum Second-Class Second Division classification (2.2) from a recognised third level institution in an IT / IS or Business discipline where a significate component of the degree is related to IT / IS, or
- A Level 8 Higher Diploma in Science in Computing.
- A Level 8 primary undergraduate honours degree with a minimum Second-Class Second Division classification (2.2) from a recognised third level institution in a non-cognate area but holds 4 years professional experience in a related field and who require a qualification in this area in order to progress professionally, or
- Prior knowledge and the study of the areas of databases, programming and networking is also required.
International12500 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12500 EUR per year during 12 months.
EU/EEA8900 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8900 EUR per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Dublin
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.