Aims and Objectives
This is an innovative Data Analytics (Full-Time) programme at Dublin Business School with an integrated delivery from end‐to‐end covering a wide range of data analytics topics. The programme aims to develop learners' knowledge of the theory and practice of Data Analytics necessary for them to secure employment and perform at postgraduate level in the areas of ICT /Data Analytics in a broad range of commercial, industrial and public sector environments. Graduates will have an in-depth knowledge of the practical and theoretical aspects of data analytics. The programme enables and supports learners in developing critical analytical skills and in applying theoretical concepts to the practice of data analytics.
The programme incorporates Personal & Professional Development (PPD) within modules to enhance the student’s employability, which will enable them to integrate seamlessly into an organisation by addressing skills such as leadership, self‐management and teamwork that are essential in the area of Data Analytics. It also comprises a Research Methods module integrated into the applied data analytics modules, focusing on literature review, research technique, and their application to real life situations, data sets and how applied research and entrepreneurship are linked. These modules will inform the learner’s Dissertation, which requires the production of an artefact.The specific programme aims are as follows:
- To enable learners to develop expert knowledge and analytical skills in current and developing areas of analysis statistics, and machine learning.
- To provide learners with a deep and systematic knowledge of business and technical strategies for data analytics and the subsequent skills to implement solutions in these areas.
- To facilitate the development by the learner of applied skills that are directly complementary and relevant to the workplace.
- To identify and develop autonomous learning skills for the learner.
- To develop in the learner a deep and systematic understanding of current issues of research and analysis
- To enable the learner to identify, develop and apply detailed analytical, creative, problem solving and research skills.
- Provide the learner with a comprehensive platform for career development, innovation and further study.
- Programming for Data Analysis,Processing and Visualisation
- Statistics for Data Analytics
- Data Storage Solutions for Data Analytics
- Data Mining
- Machine Learning
- Applied Research Process for Data Analytics
- Data Visualisation
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesInformatics & Information Technology Data Science & Big Data Machine Learning View 31 other Masters in Data Science & Big Data in Ireland
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at Dublin Business School and/or in Ireland, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- A minimum Second Class Level 8 Honours Degree (2.2) in a cognate discipline from a recognised third level institution or equivalent.
In addition, for applicants whose first language is not English and who have not undertaken their undergraduate degree through English the following is required:
- The minimum requirement for a non-native English speaker is greater or equal to B2+ in the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages for admission. Non‐EU applicants, residents outside Ireland/EU, must apply directly to the International Admissions Office at DBS
International12500 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12500 EUR per year during 12 months.
EU/EEA8900 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8900 EUR per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Dublin
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.