Aims and objectives
The Carlos III University of Madrid’s Master in Geopolitics and Strategic Studies aims to provide solid and rigorous theoretical and methodological tools, as well as in-depth knowledge of global and regional geopolitics and strategic studies. On completing the Master, the student will be qualified to work as an analyst either in academia or in the sectors that require the expertise and skills of specialists in international relations.
Apart from the opportunity to continue a career in academia, the Master’s degree offers graduates a wide range of professional opportunities such as: journalists and communication professionals specialized in international affairs; researchers in think tanks oriented to international, geopolitical and strategic affairs; civil servants in public organizations in the fields of diplomacy, strategic intelligence and national and international defense and security; employees of international organizations related to security and defense policy, international cooperation and development, resolution and management of territorial conflicts (e.g., EU, UN, NATO, OSCE, NGOs, etc.); analysts in companies and institutions specialized in political, economic and risk assessment at the international level; etc. In addition, the Master aims to offer professionals who already work in these sectors a unique opportunity to continue their training thanks to its specialized and cutting-edge program.
- Fundamentals of Geopolitics: concepts, theories and territories
- Strategic studies, security and defense
- Geoeconomics, globalization and development
- Methods of geopolitical and strategic analysis
- Workshop on mapping and graphical representations
- Workshop on Geopolitical and Strategic Reports
- 18 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesArea & Cultural Studies Geography Political Science View 15 other Masters in Area & Cultural Studies in Spain
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A degree issued by a higher education institution in Spain or in the European Higher Education Area (EHEA) which gives access to Master’s level studies in the issuing country.
- Students in the last year of their Bachelor’s studies may also apply for admission; their application will be considered upon confirmation that they have successfully completed their Bachelor’s studies.
- Priority will be given to students holding a Bachelor’s degree in social or human sciences, such as Political Science, Sociology, Journalism and Communication, International Studies, Global Studies, Economics, Geography, History and Humanities, Defence and Security Studies or other related Bacherlor’s degrees Nevertheless, any other applicant with a high motivation and adequate capacity will be considered
International11700 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 11700 EUR per year during 18 months.
EU/EEA7800 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7800 EUR per year during 18 months.
Living costs for Madrid
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.