Light and based technologies provide means for addressing current global challenges such as sustainable development, the generation of 'clean energy' and the improvement of people's health and well-being. Its transversal character allows the rise of new "hybrid" technologies such as the Nanophotonics, Biophotonics, Photonics in Medicine, Environmental Photonics, Consumer Photonics and Optical Communication Photonics, etc. That is why Photonics is identified in Europe and the United States as one of the key technologies for fostering future economic development.
Aims and objectives
The main goal of the Interuniversity Master in Photonics Engineering at Carlos III University of Madrid is to prepare professionals with a high level of expertise in cutting-edge photonics technologies and being able to innovate using them,
- with a practical vision,
- providing subtainable solutions in different environments,
- having the proper tools to get involved in an industry demanding experts on those technologies,
- for creating starts-up or researching in that field.
- Photonics Technologies
- Simulation Tools
- Organic photonics
- Optical Communications Systems
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesMaterials Science & Engineering Energy & Power Engineering General Engineering & Technology View 35 other Masters in General Engineering & Technology in Spain
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
The prerequisite for admission to the Master in Photonics Engineering programme concerns the following student profile:
- Graduate in Telecommunication Engineering (Degree in Telecommunication Technologies Engineering, Degree in Telecommunication Systems Engineering, Degree in Communications Electronic Engineering, Degree in Telematics Engineering, Degree in Audiovisual Systems Engineering)
- Graduate in Industrial Engineering (depending on the specialization),
- Graduate in Materials Engineering,
- Graduate in Physics (depending on the specialization)
- Telecommunication Engineer or Industrial Engineer (5 yrs)
- Graduate in Physical Sciences
- Technical Engineer Telecommunication or Industrial Technical Engineer in Electronics (3 yrs) (depending on professional experience)
- Other engineering degree (depending on the curricula).
International5044 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5044 EUR per year during 12 months.
EU/EEA2701 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2701 EUR per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Madrid
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.