The Biology MSc program offered by University of Southern California is a non-thesis program but a paper, based on the student’s original research investigation of a selected program in biology, constitutes one of the requirements. Each student must take 7–8 units of biology graduate core courses (BISC 582, BISC 584 and BISC 585) or neurobiology courses (NSCI 524 and either NSCI 531 or NSCI 532), two seminars and additional graduate courses or research units for a minimum of 24 units. Students also must satisfy the residency and other requirements of the Graduate School. Further details of these requirements are contained within each graduate program’s particular requirements and policies.
Two seminars and additional graduate courses or research units for a minimum of 24 units. Students also must satisfy the residency and other requirements of the Graduate School. Further details of these requirements are contained within each graduate program’s particular requirements and policies.
- Advanced Biological Oceanography
- Scientific Writing and Reviewing
- Neurobiology Courses
- Advanced Overview of Neurosciences
- Molecular and Cellular Neurobiology
- Systems and Behavioral Neurobiology
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesBiology Molecular Sciences Neuroscience View 225 other Masters in Molecular Sciences in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- You must hold a degree considered equivalent to a U.S. bachelor's degree, as evaluated by the USC Office of Graduate & International Admission.
- Your college or university must be recognized by the appropriate governmental ministry as a degree-granting institution.
- All transcripts and degree certificates/diplomas must be written in the original language of instruction.
- Official transcripts must show all courses and subjects taken and all grades (marks) received.
- Official transcripts must be sent directly to USC by the college or university.
International60446 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 30223 USD per semester during 24 months.
National60446 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 30223 USD per semester during 24 months.
Living costs for Los Angeles
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.