Work on policies solving important societal challenges, such as equal opportunities in the labor market, the educational or the healthcare system and the participation of refugees in society. With the Management of Cultural Diversity program from Tilburg University you'll learn how to develop cooperation strategies for the customers of organizations, and for citizens with diverse life styles, identities, orientations, and world views.
Besides learning how to neutralize risks, you will also learn to see the opportunities cultural diversity brings and how organizations and society can benefit from these opportunities, for example through strategies and policies. Understand and manage important organizational and societal challenges, such as:
- What does it mean to a hospital when patients with various religious beliefs need tailor-made care?
- What are the consequences when citizens representing different identities, traditions, languages and beliefs send their children to mixed schools?
- Do people with different ethnic backgrounds get equal opportunities in the labor market?
- How can employers deal with challenges related to working with quotas regarding the composition of their workforce?
- What should managers and policymakers do to make diversity work?
- What does it mean for the performance of a company or team when employees with all kinds of backgrounds have to cooperate?
- How can a company customize its services to customers from all over the world?
- How can organizations train expats to prepare them for working and living in a totally different cultural environment than they are used to?
Internationally oriented, with a combination of methods from sociology, psychology, human resource management, and sociolinguistics. This is a track of MA Culture Studies. You specialize by following one of its tracks.
Upon graduating you will have obtained the following title: MA Culture Studies, specialization Management of Cultural Diversity. Because of the explicit international orientation you can expect to find a job in a variety of countries within Europe and beyond. Either focus on management of a culturally diverse workforce within companies and organizations (for-profit and non-profit) or work on policy development and implementation regarding issues of cultural diversity in society within governmental organizations or NGOs.
Some of our graduates' jobs include:
- Management consultant
- Project manager
- Human resource advisor
- Organization advisor
- Policy advisor
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Cultural Identity and Diversity
- Cultural Diversity Management
- Cultural Diversity Policies
- Victimhood and Human Rights
- Contested Ritual Space and Religious Diversity
- Comparative European Industrial Relations
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , EEA/EU
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesArea & Cultural Studies Psychology Sociology View 113 other Masters in Area & Cultural Studies in Netherlands
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- You are certainly eligible to apply if you have a Bachelor's degree in a relevant discipline, such as general Culture Studies, Liberal Arts and Sciences, Religious Studies, Sociology, Anthropology, Business Studies, HR Studies, or Organization Studies.
- However, the academic background of the students in our Master's program varies a lot. Students with a Bachelor's degree in a different subject area are also most welcome to apply.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International14900 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14900 EUR per year during 12 months.
EU/EEA2205 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2205 EUR per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Tilburg
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.