The compulsory Statistics (Research) course offered by London School of Economics and Political Science will provide you with comprehensive coverage of fundamental aspects of probability and statistical methods and principles. It provides the foundations for the optional courses on more advanced statistical modelling, computational methods and advanced probability theory. Options also include specialist courses from the Departments of Methodology, Mathematics, Economics and Social Policy. Below are some indicative pathways:
- Statistics route with a broad area of applications such as economics, research methodology and social sciences
- Route tailored towards computational statistics, machine learning and data science
- Route towards applications of statistics to econometrics and finance
Graduates of the programme are awarded Graduate Statistician (GradStat) status by the Royal Statistical Society.
The research stream is similar to the MSc Statistics nine-month programme but involves a compulsory dissertation which replaces one unit's worth of optional courses and extends the length of the programme to 12 months.
- Statistical Inference: Principles, Methods and Computation
- Courses to the value of two units from a range of options
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesApplied Mathematics Statistics Commerce View 70 other Masters in Commerce in United Kingdom
- Upper second class honours (2:1) degree or equivalent in a relevant discipline, including a substantial amount of statistics and mathematics.
International24456 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 24456 GBP per year during 12 months.
National15816 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15816 GBP per year during 12 months.
Living costs for London
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.