With a strong focus on HRM practice and professional managerial skills development, our programme takes you further than the standard pathway. We meet the CIPD's Advanced level criteria, so when you successfully complete the pathway you can apply for Associate, then Chartered, level membership, depending on your role and experience.
Why study this course?
By the end of the Human Resource Management (CIPD Pathway) programme from the University of Birmingham you will have a high standard of knowledge and understanding of the current practical, intellectual and policy challenges facing practitioners in the field of human resource management. These include:
- The relationship between HRM and business strategy
- The impact of HRM on company performance
- The challenge of developing HRM strategies in an international context
- The implications of new individual and collective employment rights
- Managing change and introducing new forms of work organisation
- Ensuring that employees are equipped with the necessary skills and knowledge.
In addition, you will be eligible to apply for membership of the CIPD at either Associate or Chartered level.
Careers in Business is a dedicated service for postgraduate Business School students. We support you in planning your career, deciding upon your job seeking strategies, making applications, preparing for interviews and assessment centres and developing your skills.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Human Resource Management
- International Perspectives on Industrial Relations
- Training Development
- Leading and Managing within Organizations
- International Human Resource Management
- Researching Work, Employment and Employee Relations
- Leadership Development
- Change Management
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed, International
- Apply before , EEA/EU
DisciplinesManagement, Organisation & Leadership Organisational Behaviour Human Resource Management View 250 other Masters in Human Resource Management in United Kingdom
- A good Honours degree (2:1 or higher) or postgraduate diploma from a UK university or equivalent
- The programme accepts a range of qualifications from different countries
International22150 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 22150 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
EU/EEA10450 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 10450 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
- International students can often gain funding through overseas research scholarships, Commonwealth scholarships or their home government
- The government-backed student loans will provide up to £10,000 for taught and research Masters courses in all subject areas
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.