Global competition means HRM activities such as recruitment, retention, training and development, reward, employment relations, are increasingly vital.
Organisational performance is highly dependent on good people management. A key issue is that HR practitioners can and should champion ethical HRM, employee welfare, and responsible business.
The MSc Human Resource Management (CIPD Pathway) from University of Birmingham is for graduates from a range of backgrounds who are looking for a career in this exciting, challenging and influential area.
By the end of the programme you will have a high standard of knowledge and understanding of the current practical, intellectual and policy challenges facing practitioners in the field of human resource management.
- The relationship between HRM and business strategy
- The impact of HRM on company performance
- The challenge of developing HRM strategies in an international context
- The implications of new individual and collective employment rights
- Managing change and introducing new forms of work organisation
- Ensuring that employees are equipped with the necessary skills and knowledge.
Careers in Business
Careers in Business is a dedicated service for postgraduate Business School students. We’ll help you in all aspects of your career management, from planning your job-seeking strategies, applying for jobs, preparing for interviews and assessment centres and developing your essential employability skills.
At the start of your programme you will receive an email from our team, giving details of how you can access Careers in Business Online. Please get in touch to find out how our Careers in Business team can support you.
The programme is fully accredited by the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- HR Policies in Practice
- Change Management
- Dissertation Management Report
- Human Resource Management
- International Human Resource Management
- International Perspectives on Industrial Relations
- Leadership Development
- Managing Organisations
- Researching Work, Employment and Employee Relations
- Training and Development
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , National
DisciplinesManagement, Organisation & Leadership Organisational Behaviour Human Resource Management View 254 other Masters in Human Resource Management in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- A good Honours degree (2:1 or higher) or postgraduate diploma from a UK university or equivalent.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International23230 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 23230 GBP per year during 12 months.
National10810 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10810 GBP per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Birmingham
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
- International students can often gain funding through overseas research scholarships, Commonwealth scholarships or their home government
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.