Research Master in Social and Behavioral Sciences - Sociology is offered at Tilburg University . Become a research specialist in the field of sociology while studying individual behaviors in different social contexts from three social sciences perspectives: social psychology, sociology, and organization studies.
- Learn how to use state-of-the-art research methods to unravel the mechanisms underlying peoples’ adaptive reactions to changes that are either episodic (e.g. economic depression, divorce, unemployment, sickness) or structural and long-lasting (globalization, deinstitutionalization, neoliberalization, aging).
- Your comprehensive research skills and methodological knowledge, together with your interdisciplinary knowledge of social and behavioral sciences and sociology in specific, will give you a competitive advantage on a wide range of applied or fundamental (research) positions.
- Participate in 4 in-house research traineeships and 1 international research traineeship and work together with renowned national and international academics.
- You will receive excellent personal guidance. There are more full-time professors than students. And no more than 30 students in a class, from different academic and cultural backgrounds.
In the Sociology track, you are trained to translate major social trends into empirical research questions, using theoretical insights and advanced research methods. The program prepares you for careers inside and outside academia, such as research institutes.
Recent alumni placements include:
- PhD student (Stanford University, Tilburg University)
- Behavioral Change Expert (Dijksterhuis & Van Baaren)
- Data Analyst and Research Expert (ING Bank)
- Policy Advisor at a government institution
- Researcher & Lecturer (University of Southampton)
- Applied Statistician in demographic research (Centraal Planbureau)
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Networks and Cohesion
- Relations between Ethnic Groups
- Intergenerational Relations
- Structural Equation Modeling
- Experimental Research
- Survey Research
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , EEA/EU
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , National
DisciplinesPsychology Sociology Organisational Behaviour View 24 other Masters in Organisational Behaviour in Netherlands
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Starting from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at Tilburg University and/or in Netherlands, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- A Bachelor's and/or a Master's degree in a relevant discipline, such as: psychology, sociology, organizational sciences, or human resources.
- A sufficient academic background in research methodology and statistics. Your background education should contain at least one introductory statistics course and courses that include multiple regression, analysis of variance, factor analysis, and research methodology. Your background should be clear from the course descriptions and the statistics checklist which you must include in your application.
- Strong motivation, excellent skills and talent for carrying out scientific research, which you should demonstrate in your motivation letter and other application documents.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International15100 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15100 EUR per year during 24 months.
EU/EEA2253 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2253 EUR per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Tilburg
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.