Our overall objective is to create a rich learning experience that seamlessly integrates hard and soft skills, as well as theoretical and practical knowledge by offering students hands-on opportunities to engage with practitioners and work entrepreneurially on real raw material challenges. These competences are coherent with the recent EU initiatives on the circular economy (e.g., Circular Economy Action Plan of the European Commission), and offer significant professional opportunities on the EU job market. This Master’s degree offers also job opportunities in the raw material industry and in research organizations active at the global level.
RAMES is acknowledged by the University of Bologna and by the Norwegian University of Science and Technology (NTNU) of Trondheim. It is taught at the University of Bologna and at NTNU-Trondheim. RAMES benefits also from the collaboration with a number of Italian and foreign partners that are active in distinct aspects of the raw material value chain.
Given the worldwide demand for professionals in mining and minerals engineering and management, graduates of RaMES have promising career opportunities. RaMES graduates will be qualified to work for:
- Mining companies and companies engaged in mineral processing technology
- Market leaders in efficient dredging and mining
- Companies working on ore deposits and integrated production
- Aggregates companies
- Engineering and consulting firms
- Government agencies
- Knowledge institutions, research institutes and think-tanks
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Mineral Science
- Applied Petrology
- Mineral Deposits in the field
- Environmental Impact and Analysis
- Entrepreneurship and Business Models
- Mineral Resource Economics and Management
- Matrial Flow Analysis
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesMaterials Science & Engineering Geology Environmental Economics & Policy View 6 other Masters in Environmental Economics & Policy in Italy
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- Eligible candidates must have a bachelor's degree in Geology, Earth sciences, Mining engineering, Environmental engineering, or similar. Candidates must also demonstrate proficiency in the English language.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
Candidates meet the requirements by providing one of the following certifications:
- an international certificate at B2 level
- a first/second cycle degree title in programmes entirely taught in English
- Transcript of records demonstrating a CEFR English B2 exam passed during the first/second cycle programme: valid only if the level of proficiency is clearly stated in the course title.
- status of English native speakers
- Transcript of records demonstrating at least 1 year of a degree programme entirely taught in English: the Transcript of records or other documents issued by the University must contain the formal indication that the language of instruction is English
- CEFR English B2 certification provided by any Italian University Language Center (CLA) or any other recognized certifying body
- Sit an online Oxford English proficiency test provided by UNIBO CLA and get a result no lower than CEFR English B2. The test can be sat ONCE ONLY in one of the set dates
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International2040 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4080 EUR for the full programme during 24 months.
- Tuition fees are calculated based on the 2020 ISEE value which is a family income parameter largely used in Italy. Foreign students can calculate an equivalent ISEE value by using the UNIBO website functions. If you do not present your ISEE value you will have to pay the full tuition fees, that are 4.080,00€.
Living costs for Bologna
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
All RaMES students will have the opportunity to apply for an Erasmus+ scholarship provided by the University of Bologna, which will provide partial funding for the expenses related with the international mobility. The grant amounts to €700/month as a contribution for living costs plus a contribution for travel expenses, to be paid to students during their period studying at NTNU in Norway, and for a maximum of six months.
All RaMES students will have the opportunity to become part of the KIC Raw Material partnership, build their network of like-minded students and professionals, and take part in an exciting range of activities that will help to launch their career in Raw Materials.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
This programme is taught in different countries. Which country are you interested in?
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.