The Raw Materials Exploration and Sustainability programme from EIT RawMaterials Academy aims to help a new generation to be entrepreneurially oriented geologists and engineers. They will gain knowledge regarding the physical-chemical properties of raw materials, their geological exploration, and are particularly sensitive to best practices in sustainable exploitation.
RaMES will leverage competencies and know-how from three departments of the University of Bologna, two departments of the Norwegian University of Science and Technology (Trondheim), the Geological Survey of Finland, the Technical University of Madrid and a number of Italian and foreign institutions and companies that are active in distinct aspects of the raw material value chain.
The Raw Materials Exploration and Sustainability programme is taught at the University of Bologna, at NTNU-Trondheim, and at the Lammi research station of the Geological Survey of Finland located in the lake district of southern Finland. RAMES benefis also from the collaboration with a number of Italian and foreign partners that are active in distinct aspects of the raw material value chain.
Professionals in mining and minerals engineering and management are in high demand in today's market. That's why this degree will be very useful in finding a job in fields like:
- Mining companies and companies engaged in mineral processing technology
- Companies working on ore deposits and integrated production
- Market leaders in efficient dredging and mining
- Aggregates companies
- Government agencies
- Engineering and consulting firms
- Knowledge institutions, research institutes and think-tanks
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Mineral Science
- Applied Petrology
- Mineral Deposits in the field
- Environmental Impact and Analysis
- Entrepreneurship and Business Models
- Mineral Resource Economics and Management
- Matrial Flow Analysis
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
EU students can apply until November
DisciplinesMaterials Science & Engineering Geology Environmental Economics & Policy View 10 other Masters in Environmental Economics & Policy in Germany
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
Candidates meet the requirements by providing one of the following certifications:
- an international certificate at B2 level among the ones listed in the document published on the programme website
- a first/second cycle degree title in programmes entirely taught in English: the Transcript of records or other documents issued by the University must contain the formal indication that the language of instruction is English;
- Transcript of records demonstrating a CEFR English B2 exam passed during the first/second cycle programme:valid only if the level of proficiency is clearly stated in the course title
- Status of English native speakers
- Transcript of records demonstrating at least 1 year of a degree programme entirely taught in English: the Transcript of records or other documents issued by the University must contain the formal indication that the language of instruction is English
- CEFR English B2 certification provided by any Italian University Language Center (CLA) or any other recognized certifying body(valid only if the certificate states the exact name of the body/school/institute issuing the certificate, level obtained and exam date)
International2040 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4080 EUR for the full programme during 24 months.
- Tuition fees are calculated based on ISEE value. Foreign students can calculate an equivalent ISEE value by using the UNIBO.
Living costs for Berlin
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
For students beginning in September, EIT Label scholarships from EIT RawMaterials of €13,500 per eligible student are available.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.