Why MSc Accounting and Finance at Birmingham?
- Our innovative teaching and learning approaches will prepare you to not only talk the talk, but also to walk the walk. This course will bring you face to face with complex business issues that both challenge and stimulate intellectual and analytical thinking. For example, on our Professional Ethics and Integrity module you will work with professional actors in role-play scenarios to embrace dilemmas in complex situations where accounting and finance professionals are at the centre of decisions. We also use real, recent business cases to help you understand concepts, modules and theories and you can visit businesses where cases and exercises are directly applied. We also use authentic learning case videos developed by professional accounting bodies where possible
- Thanks to our strong industry links, you will have the chance to meet and interact with industry leaders, who will share their experiences and knowledge and answer your questions. Previously invited speakers have included Richard Spencer, Head of Sustainability at the Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales; Thomas Martin, Bank director Halifax; and Marc Stone, CFO Energy Systems Catapult, to name a few. You are also able to attend a range of professional development events, with industry networking and making the most of your career post-graduation at their heart
- This Accounting and Finance Pathway 2 programme from University of Birmingham has an international focus. You will have the opportunity to take a module offered by the International Development Department, allowing you to expand their knowledge across different areas
- You have the opportunity to take part in the award-winning Future Leaders Certificate. This extra-curricular programme gives you the chance to work on an exciting virtual live project set by a multi-national company. The Future Leaders Certificate enables you to better understand the impact technology is having on the business world and the implications for your own career
Our proximity to London, the global financial capital, and ever-growing relationship with key employers in the financial sector, will provide you with the opportunity to meet and network with leading global organisations. As a graduate of Investments MSc, you will benefit from a wide range of career options, ranging from careers in investment institutions, banks, insurance companies, pension funds, government institutions, consultancy etc.
This course is also beneficial to entrepreneurs that want to have a solid knowledge of finance and its applications.
Interested students can also progress to further postgraduate research study leading to scholarly careers.
- Accounting Theory and Policy
- Corporate Financial Management
- Professional Integrity and The Reflective practitioner
- Advanced Management Accounting: Issues in Strategy and Accounting
- Alternative Finance
- Auditing Theory and Practice
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesFinance Accounting Taxation View 304 other Masters in Accounting in United Kingdom
- A good Honours degree (2:1 or higher) or postgraduate diploma from a UK university or equivalent.
- You must have achieved a mark equivalent to a 2:1 (or overseas equivalent) at bachelor’s level in several Accounting and Finance modules including Financial Accounting or Financial Reporting, and Finance or Financial Management.
- You must also have successfully completed the nine ACCA Fundamentals assessments, either by exam or exemption from a bachelor’s degree. If you have not completed the nine papers at the point of application, but you are expecting to have done so prior to the MSc programme commencing, please indicate this in your application. If you are made an offer to study the MSc programme, and you have not completed the nine papers at that point, evidence of completion by a stated date will be one of your conditions of offer.
International27932 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 27932 GBP for the full programme during 12 months.
National17730 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 17730 GBP for the full programme during 12 months.
Living costs for Birmingham
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.