Gain the knowledge and skills required to address public health concerns on a national and international level with this fully online, part-time Master of Public Health (MPH) programme from the University of Liverpool - accredited by the Agency for Public Health Education Accreditation (APHEA).
Our programmes will provide you with a solid foundation in public health, including health promotion in a global setting, health inequalities, management and leadership, and the research methodologies underpinning public health. You can also elect to study specialist modules that will help you to develop specific expertise in public health, such as managing crises and disasters, programme and policy challenges in low-income countries, and health economics. The optional modules you choose, could enable you to pursue our specialist pathways in Management of Health Systems and International Public Health.
Is this the right course for you?
The MPH is internationally respected for its multidisciplinary focus and commitment to the World Health Organization’s (WHO) “Health for All” principles. It is an essential programme if you are working in any area of public health: governmental organisations, health services management, policy and planning, housing, transport, or for community groups and NGOs.
Public health aims to tackle the wider determinants of health. As a multidisciplinary subject, our students come from a wide variety of backgrounds, including medicine, nursing, pharmacy, occupational therapy, health services, health service management, environmental health and graduates with a background in the natural sciences, social sciences or humanities subjects.
Through this programme, you will:
- Explore a global and multidisciplinary approach to public health. Our international faculty and students bring a breadth of perspectives to our virtual ‘classroom’, providing you with an insight into public health best practices across the world.
- Apply your knowledge to real-world scenarios and reflect on your practice through varied assessment activities. This will help you to develop key public health skills and enhance your learning, which you can immediately apply to your current role.
- Tailor the MPH programme to fit your future plans. We offer a choice of optional specialist modules which allow you to tailor the programme to your specific needs or interests. In addition to our general MPH pathway, you can choose to pursue our specialist pathways in Management of Health Systems or International Public Health.
- Study a degree that is accredited by the Agency for Public Health Education Accreditation (APHEA). We offer one of the only online MPH programmes in the UK that are fully accredited with APHEA.
Public Health at University of Liverpool Online Programmes consists of the following taught modules and a final dissertation project. The optional modules you choose to study could enable you to pursue our specialist pathways in Management of Health Systems and International Public Health. Shorter postgraduate diploma (120 credits) and postgraduate certificate (60 credits) awards are also available in this subject.
Learn from industry experts
This programme is delivered by the Department of Public Health, Policy and Systems, which is one of the largest of its kind in the UK and has a world-leading status for excellence in research and education. Our activities are underpinned by the social model of health and its application to health inequalities, and to health and social care systems. We inspire people to learn and achieve – and do things that they never thought possible.
Enhance your career opportunities
If you’re working in any area of public health and looking to progress your career, a master’s degree is essential. Upon completion of your programme, you will have the knowledge and skills to put public health principles into effect in a variety of settings including research, practice and policy. Your expertise could open up senior roles in public health research and practice within a range of sectors, such as health organisations, governmental organisations, charities and NGOs.
Learn online anytime, anywhere
Get the University of Liverpool experience wherever you are in the world. This 100% online course features interactive classes and regular contact with staff and fellow students across the globe. Teaching is delivered through our state-of-the-art Virtual Learning Environment (VLE), which provides students with access to all resources required for interactive study online. On this platform, you will be encouraged to work collaboratively with classmates and actively read around your topic through our comprehensive library of eBooks and journals.
Assessments are exclusively through online assignments rather than examinations. You will be assessed through a range of activities, including written assignments, discussion forum participation and journal entries.
Love what you've read so far?
Visit our website for more information on this programme. Alternatively, you can contact one of our admission advisers to get your questions answered.
One of the best ways to see if the programme is right for you is to join one of our regular virtual events where you will be introduced to our range of online programmes, our online learning facilities, and Q&A’s with staff to help you make the best decision about the future of your education.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Practising and Promoting Public Health in a Global Context
- Generating and Evaluating Public Health Evidence
- Integrated Research in Public Health: Epidemiology and Qualitative Methods
- Leading and Managing Health Systems
- Monitoring and Evaluation of Systems and Programmes
- Health Inequalities: Integrating Public Health Practice
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 30 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesPublic Health Health Management Health Sciences View 160 other Masters in Health Management in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
Applicants should possess either:
- A master’s or bachelor’s degree in medicine, equivalent to a UK degree, coupled with at least one years’ experience in a public health related field; or
- A minimum of a 2:1 class degree in a public health related discipline, equivalent to a UK bachelor's degree, coupled with two years’ professional experience in a public health related field; or
- A minimum of a 2:1 class degree in a non-public health related discipline, equivalent to a UK bachelor's degree, coupled with two years’ professional experience in a public health related field.
- A minimum GCSE grade C or equivalent in English language and mathematics.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International6120 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15300 GBP for the full programme during 30 months.
EU/EEA6120 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15300 GBP for the full programme during 30 months.
- The tuition fee is fully inclusive of all costs: teaching materials, core textbooks, assessments and resits.
Regional Scholarships of up to 15% are available for international students based overseas in eligible countries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.