Pursue a career in this high-demand sector while gaining a deep and systematic understanding into the domains of data science and AI with this fully online, part-time Data Science and Artificial Intelligence MSc from the University of Liverpool.
This conversion degree is designed for students from a non-computer science background, allowing you to gain a generalist masters in this specialist subject. The fields of data science and artificial intelligence continue to grow in importance to businesses from all sectors, and this programme benefits from the University of Liverpool’s cutting-edge research in this discipline.
Is this the right course for you?
This programme will provide you with a systematic insight into the current state of the industry within the remit of data science and artificial intelligence in particular, and computer science in general. The programme will complement your first-degree knowledge with a deep and systematic insight into these innovative domains.
Through this course you will:
- Achieve a generalist degree in a specialist subject. This conversion degree is designed to provide students from a non-computer science background with a specialist set of knowledge and technical skills that have immediate application within the workplace.
- Develop your skills in a culture of research excellence. The University of Liverpool has a 20-year track record of offering online programmes and is a world leader in data science and IT research. Through our Digital Innovation Facility, opening in 2021, we will provide a purpose build environment for collaborative academic research in emerging digital technologies.
- Study practical solutions to real-world problems. This programme will provide you with the necessary knowledge to research, propose and implement creative solutions to practical problems, and furnish you with a systematic insight into current thinking within data science and AI.
- Access our online development environment to practice and refine your new skills. Throughout your programme, you will be exposed to state-of-the-art technologies and have access to industry-standard solutions, available to you as cloud services, open-source software or commercials technology; all included within your tuition fee.
Learn from industry experts
This programme is delivered by the Department of Computer Science, who are known worldwide for their excellence in artificial intelligence research and have been at the forefront of key developments in computer science since 1983. The 2014 Research Excellence Framework rated 97% of the department’s research as being world-leading or internationally excellent, the highest proportion of any Computer Science department in the UK.
Enhance your career opportunities
Successful completion of the programme will allow you to take up careers in the growing area of data science and artificial intelligence, or in many other computer science settings, including interdisciplinary roles related to your undergraduate degree. The skills you develop will be of use in a wide range of industries including healthcare, government agencies and technology. Potential job titles are varied and include examples such as data analyst, data scientist, database manager, machine learning practitioner and IT consultant.
Learn online anytime, anywhere
Get the University of Liverpool experience wherever you are in the world. This 100% online course features interactive classes and regular contact with staff and fellow students across the globe. Teaching is delivered through our state-of-the-art Virtual Learning Environment (VLE), which provides students with access to all resources required for interactive study online. On this platform, you will be encouraged to work collaboratively with classmates and actively read around your topic through our comprehensive library of eBooks and journals.
Assessments are exclusively through online assignments rather than examinations. You will be assessed through a range of activities, including written assignments, discussion forum participation and journal entries.
Love what you've read so far?
Visit our website for more information on this programme or contact one of our admission advisers to get your questions answered.
One of the best ways to see if the programme is right for you is to join one of our regular virtual events where you will be introduced to our range of online programmes, our online learning facilities, and Q&A’s with staff to help you make the best decision about the future of your education.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Global Trends in Computer Science
- Mathematics and Statistics for Data Science
- Software Development in Practice
- Databases and Information Systems
- Research Methods in Computer Science
- Computer Science Capstone Project
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 30 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesComputer Sciences Data Science & Big Data Artificial Intelligence View 37 other Masters in Artificial Intelligence in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
Applicants should possess either:
- A degree in a subject other than Computer Science or IT, equivalent to a 2:2 UK bachelor’s degree, coupled with two years’ experience in employment; or
- Professional work experience and/or other prior qualifications, which will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International6120 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15300 GBP for the full programme during 30 months.
National6120 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15300 GBP for the full programme during 30 months.
- The tuition fee is fully inclusive of all costs: teaching materials, core textbooks, assessments and resits.
Regional Scholarships of up to 15% are available for international students based overseas in eligible countries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.