Benefits of this course
- The benefits of the Maritime Safety and Security Management course at the City, University of London are many and varied. You will gain an understanding of the underlying principles upon which the industry is based and the ways it is developing to address the future as well as the threats that confront its day to day operations.
- You will also gain confidence in dealing with people from across the globe which is essential for a senior management position within the maritime sector.
- As a skilled Maritime Safety and Security Management expert you’ll have a variety of jobs open to you within the sector when you finish this course.
- Many job opportunities will be in middle or higher management. If you had little industry experience before doing this course, you’ll find more opportunities are open to you and will lead you into higher level roles.
- When you reach more senior positions within an organisation the all-embracing nature of this MSc will give you a thorough understanding and perspective of the problems and threats facing companies and organisations and how to find solutions to these challenges.
- Professional Studies
- Maritime Technology
- Maritime Operations and Insurance
- Maritime Economics and Accounting
- Maritime Management
- Environmental Issues
- Maritime Safety
- 12 months
- 26 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesTransport Management Marine Engineering View 58 other Masters in Transport Management in United Kingdom
- For those already working in the industry, we require a first degree, recognised professional qualification or the equivalent Certificate of Competence as Master or Chief Engineer: Class 1 Master Mariner or Class 1 Engineer and experience in one of these roles.
- For those coming straight from an undergraduate course, we require a lower second-class honours degree (or higher) in a relevant subject from a recognised institution.
- If you do not qualify for direct entry, you may wish to follow a Graduate Diploma pathway to the programme through one of our partners.
International19770 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 19770 GBP per year during 12 months.
National13530 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 13530 GBP per year during 12 months.
Living costs for London
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.