Develop as an HR practitioner, effectively operating in a globalised environment and adapting professional and organisational knowledge to new needs and contexts with this fully online, part-time International Human Resource Management MSc from the University of Liverpool.
At the core of the programme is the evolving role of HRM as a source of strategic value and influence in the organisation. The curriculum blends core HRM skills such as managing performance, learning and development, change and conflict, with essential business skills tailored to the needs of HR practice, including leadership, data and financial management, business ethics and sustainability. The programme will consider the international dimension of all core HRM practices and their impact on core business functions.
Why study this subject?
This programme will provide you with an insight into contemporary issues regarding the global and local nature of Human Resource Management. During your studies, you will develop the key skills and attributes necessary to develop a career in international Human Resource Management, able to effectively engage with and influence your organisation as a Human Resource Management champion. You will also have an opportunity to work with and learn from an international, diverse cohort of managers and practitioners, creating or extending your professional network as a community of learned practitioners.
Through this programme, you will:
- Study in a way that suits you. You will have the opportunity to study where and when it suits you, supported by a variety of learning materials and methods designed specifically for an online environment.
- Develop into a business competent HR practitioner. The programme is designed to provide you with an understanding of both core HRM and business management disciplines, to help you understand, interpret and engage with your wider organisation and apply strategic influence.
- Develop lifelong and critical learning. Your study activities are designed to equip you not only with practical knowledge and skills but to enable you to develop practical judgement, critical self-awareness and the ability to reflect on and learn from your experiences.
- Collaborate with other students around the world. You will study in diverse and global cohorts with the opportunity to share experiences of different cultures, organisations and industries, and to critically test and evaluate different HRM practices in different contexts.
Learn from industry experts.
This online programme is run by the Management School at the historic University of Liverpool, established in 1881 and one of the founding Russell Group members. We have offered online management degrees since 2001 and are part of an elite group of worldwide institutes to be triple-accredited, holding AACSB, EQUIS and AMBA status. Our vision is to be a globally connected Management School, with our transformative research and teaching placing us at the forefront of influential knowledge leadership.
Enhance your career opportunities.
Programme graduates will be able to develop existing careers in Human Resource Management, move into an HRM role, or develop enhanced managerial careers with a focus on people management. Students will graduate with enhanced skills and knowledge that enable them to be highly effective managers and HR professionals, who are also able to strategically influence their organisations through people and human resource management and development.
The programme will help you develop an understanding of the career opportunities within Human Resource Management, including International Human Resource Management. You will be supported to reflect on the key knowledge, skills and attributes that you develop both within and outside of the programme, maintain a personal portfolio of learning, and construct a personal development plan.
Learn online anytime, anywhere.
Get the University of Liverpool experience wherever you are in the world. This online course features interactive classes and regular contact with staff and fellow students across the globe. Teaching is delivered through our state-of-the-art Virtual Learning Environment (VLE), which provides students with access to all resources required for interactive study online. On this platform, you will be encouraged to work collaboratively with classmates and actively read around your topic through our comprehensive library of eBooks and journals.
Assessment is exclusively through online assignments rather than examinations. You will be assessed through a range of activities, including written assignments, discussion forum participation and journal entries.
Love what you've read so far?
Visit our website for more information on this programme or contact one of our admission advisers to get your questions answered.
One of the best ways to see if the programme is right for you is to join one of our regular virtual events where you will be introduced to our range of online programmes, our online learning facilities, and Q&A’s with staff to help you make the best decision about the future of your education.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Strategic Human Resource Management
- Becoming a Leader
- Ethical and Sustainable Business Practice
- Finance and Data Analysis for Managers
- Strategic Learning, Training and Development
- Managing Change and Conflict
- People and Performance Management
- Research Methods
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 30 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesManagement Studies Organisational Behaviour Human Resource Management View 30 other Masters in Organisational Behaviour in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
All applications will be considered on a case-by-case basis. If you want to discuss your previous qualifications and experience before applying, please contact us now via LiveChat.
Applicants should have either:
- A minimum of a 2:1 class degree in in an appropriate subject, equivalent to a UK bachelor’s degree; or
- Professional work experience in a related field and/or other prior qualifications will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
All applicants must provide evidence that they have an English language ability equivalent to an IELTS (academic) score of 6.5.
If you don’t have an IELTS or equivalent certificate, you can take our free online English test to assess your proficiency. You don’t need to prove your English ability if you are a national of, or have completed a qualification equivalent to a UK degree in a majority English-speaking country.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International6120 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15300 GBP for the full programme during 30 months.
National6120 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15300 GBP for the full programme during 30 months.
- The tuition fee is fully inclusive of all costs: teaching materials, core textbooks, assessments and resits.
Applicants may be able to benefit from the following scholarships and discounts:
Regional Scholarships of up to 15%. To find out the scholarship offered in your region, please make an enquiry now.
10% discount for University of Liverpool alumni
5% discount for up-front full tuition fee payment
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.