Gain a comprehensive knowledge of the core areas in psychology, as well as the practical skills associated with them with this fully online, part-time Psychology MSc from the University of Liverpool.
This online programme is designed to guide you in the construction of knowledge of the central features within the discipline of psychology, which will enable you to put principles into effect in a variety of settings including research, practice and the interface of applied research. The experience and skills developed will also be appreciated by employers in a wide range of professions outside of the field of psychology.
Why study this subject?
This programme alone will not allow you to practice as psychologist in the United Kingdom. However, for individuals who want to pursue a career in psychology, it will provide you with the core foundational knowledge into the discipline and it’s a first step towards a career in the field. The experience and skills you gain will also be appreciated by employers in a wide range of professions outside of the field of psychology.
Through this programme, you will:
- Impress with a prestigious qualification. One of the only online Psychology MSc programmes offered by a Russell Group university.
- Learn from active research leaders. Our philosophy is to provide a research-connected student experience combining active learning and authentic assessment. You will be taught by some of the world’s leading academic experts who are passionate about their research activity.
- Take part in a collaborative and active learning approach. Exchange ideas and experiences via discussion forums with your international peers which facilitate interaction, motivation and learning, through promoting constructivist, critical and higher-order thinking.
- Immerse yourself in action-based learning. Your study activities have been designed to actively engage you in solving real-world problems within their context. This will enable you to integrate new knowledge into your working and social environment.
- Prepare for your professional career. Our curriculum content and teaching have been developed with a strong focus on your future employment.
Learn from industry experts
This programme is run by The Department of Psychology at the University of Liverpool, which is one of the UK’s oldest academic psychology departments, having been established in 1947. We are known for our world-class research, which is focused on improving the health, wellbeing, and lives of societies across the globe. Today we are one of the UK’s leading psychology departments.
Enhance your career opportunities
The scientific aspects of this programme provide useful tools for careers in healthcare, law enforcement, finance, IT and research. While the understanding of human behaviour and motivation and the ability to critically analyse and formulate a considered response lends well to careers in the creative industries, legal sector, government administration and education.
Learn online anytime, anywhere
Get the University of Liverpool experience wherever you are in the world. This online course features interactive classes and regular contact with staff and fellow students across the globe. Teaching is delivered through our state-of-the-art Virtual Learning Environment (VLE), which provides students with access to all resources required for interactive study online. On this platform, you will be encouraged to work collaboratively with classmates and actively read around your topic through our comprehensive library of eBooks and journals.
Assessment is exclusively through online assignments rather than examinations. You will be assessed through a range of activities, including written assignments, discussion forum participation and journal entries.
Love what you've read so far?
Visit our website for more information on this programme or contact one of our admission advisers to get your questions answered.
One of the best ways to see if the programme is right for you is to join one of our regular virtual events where you will be introduced to our range of online programmes, our online learning facilities, and Q&A’s with staff to help you make the best decision about the future of your education.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Mind, Brain and Behaviour
- Social Psychology
- Data Analysis for Psychologists
- Personality, Individual Differences and Intelligence
- Cross Cultural Issues in Lifespan Development
- Psychology of Learning
- Cognitive Psychology
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 30 months
Start dates & application deadlines
DisciplinesPsychology Health Sciences Clinical Psychology View 56 other Masters in Clinical Psychology in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
Applicants should possess either:
- A minimum of a 2:1 class degree in a subject other than psychology, equivalent to a UK bachelor’s degree; or
- A minimum of a 2:1 class degree in psychology that has not been accredited by the British Psychological Society, equivalent to a UK bachelor’s degree.
- At least two years approved professional experience, or obtained some other qualification approved for this purpose by the University.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International15300 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15300 GBP per year during 30 months.
National15300 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15300 GBP per year during 30 months.
- The tuition fee is fully inclusive of all costs: teaching materials, core textbooks, assessments and resits.
Regional Scholarships of up to 15% are available for international students based overseas in eligible countries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.