This Biosciences programme at Aston University has been designed for those with an undergraduate biosciences degree who want to pursue an exciting and rewarding career as a scientific researcher. The course is an ideal blend of skills-based lab work, theory, research, and personal development.
You'll gain a high level of specialist knowledge in your chosen field of interest. The main focus of the programme is an extended research project, which takes up much of the year, where you will gain direct experience of working within the collaborative environment of a modern biosciences research laboratory, alongside research active staff from a range of specialist bioscience fields.
On successful graduation, you will have not only developed a wide range of highly desirable practical laboratory skills and techniques through hands-on research experience, but also crucial skills in team working, critical thinking and communication.
These skills and experience will ensure you are well prepared for a research-focused role in industry; or to undertake further research, in the form of a PhD at Aston or another leading university.
Throughout your time with us, you will have access to specialist support and guidance from our dedicated biosciences team of academics, alongside the Aston University career service, to help you to plan the next step of your career.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Essential Laboratory Skills
- Professional Development and Research Communication Skills
- Research Competency Assessment
- Postgraduate Research Skills
- Research Project
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesBiomedicine Biology Biotechnology View 484 other Masters in Biology in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- Upper second class (2:1) honours degree from a recognised university in a biological, biomedical or biochemistry based subject, or a related field. More information on international degree requirements can be found on our Aston in your country webpage.
- Applicants whose first language is not English will be required to provide evidence of an English language qualification. English language test requirements may be waived where students’ undergraduate degree was studied in an English speaking country.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International19700 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 19700 GBP for the full programme during 12 months.
National9550 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9550 GBP for the full programme during 12 months.
Living costs for Birmingham
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.