The Biosciences for Industry programme from Aston University aims to enable you to develop an understanding of recent scientific and technological developments, to use this knowledge in industrial applications, as well as a practical skillset for further research and learning, such as PhD study.
Aston is home to an expansive and highly regarded bioscience research department.
You’ll be taught by passionate research active academics whose specialist areas of research include the development of tissue-engineered in vitro models of disease, specifically wound infections, optimisation of bioprocesses for the advance of cellular therapies, and membrane proteins and enzymes.
This research is fed into our teaching, to ensure that you not only have access to the very latest trends and thinking in this specialist area, but that you also develop a critical appreciation of recent scientific developments and their clinical and industrial application.
Graduates from this course are prepared both for a research-focused role in industry and academia, in addition to industrial process development and commercial sectors.
You can therefore expect to apply for roles in further research, in the form of a PhD or research assistant, or undertake a career in commercial or process engineering bioindustry sectors.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Essential Laboratory Skills
- Cell and Molecular Biology
- Applied Biotechnology
- Cell Factories and their Industrial Applications
- Purification Strategies and Biomolecules
- Manufacturing of Monoclonal Antibodies
- Professional Development and Research Communication Skills
- Laboratory Competency Assessment
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
The sooner you make the application the better especially if you are an international student who requires a VISA to study the course starts in September.
DisciplinesBiology Biotechnology Molecular Sciences View 137 other Masters in Biotechnology in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- Lower second class honours degree (2:2) with a minimum overall of 55% or above from a recognised university in a biological, biomedical or biochemistry based subject, or a related field.
- Applicants whose first language is not English will be required to provide evidence of an English language qualification. English language test requirements may be waived where students’ undergraduate degree was studied in an English speaking country.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International19300 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 19300 GBP per year during 12 months.
National9450 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9450 GBP per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Birmingham
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.