Artificial Intelligence is at the cutting edge of technology and its potential applications are almost limitless. From developing robots that help people in their own homes to using AI in modelling and managing serious health conditions, it is changing the way we live.
There is no doubt that this rapidly growing area of computer science will be at the centre of technological advances in the future.
Our Artificial Intelligence masters is taught by a team of active researchers, so you’ll benefit from their ongoing work and be taught the latest techniques on this interactive course.
This Artificial Intelligence (including Professional Practice) course from Aston University was developed with support from the Institute of Coding to help break down barriers to digital learning and employment.
The difference between this course and the MSc Artificial Intelligence course is that this one features a professional placement. Students are responsible for finding their own work placement, with the help of our award-winning Careers and Placements Team, who have helped so many of our students to secure placement and work opportunities.
Aston is 3rd in the UK for the number of students taking a sandwich year (HESA 2018), showing just how much we encourage students getting professional experience and how successful we are at enabling them to secure work placements. Take a look at our specific placement information and support. Please find more about the time frame under ‘Learning, teaching and assessment’.
On graduation from this course, your skills will be in high demand across a wide range of sectors and industries. From working in robotics or the development of self-driving cars to using machine learning to manage the movement of people around cities, the opportunities are many and varied. Alternatively, you may choose to continue your studies through further research.
- AI: Vision and Reality
- Machine Learning
- Mathematics for AI
- Multi-Agent Systems and Strategic Decision Making
- Computational Intelligence
- Deep Learning
- Forensic Inference and Statistics
- Robotics and Autonomous Systems
- Data Mining
- 22 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesComputer Sciences Artificial Intelligence Machine Learning View 231 other Masters in Machine Learning in United Kingdom
- We expect applications from graduates of BSc with honours in Computer Science or related disciplines with a qualification equivalent to UK 2:2 or higher. Evidence of knowledge of Mathematics and Programming foundations should also be provided when the degree is not in Computer Science (i.e. transcript of degree programme or work experience). When a transcript is provided, the Mathematics and Programming grades should be equivalent to UK 60% or higher. Candidates may be interviewed prior to the offer decision.
- Applicants whose first language is not English will be required to provide evidence of an English language qualification.
International12654 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 23200 GBP for the full programme during 22 months.
National6681 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12250 GBP for the full programme during 22 months.
Living costs for Birmingham
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.