Learning, teaching and assessment
We are recognised for the quality of our teaching and research with 100 per cent of our business research achieving the highest rankings in the latest Research Excellence Framework.
You will be taught various philosophies and theories of research in accounting and finance but this is far from a passive, theory-heavy course. What makes us stand out is our focus on providing you with the practical skills and supervision to help you make your own piece of rigorous research.
We’ll give you hands-on activities where you can develop your research skills. Our innovative online learning platform will also support you with your studies. It has all the digital resources you will need when planning, drafting and writing up your research methods coursework, your research proposal and dissertation, including lecture/tutorial slides, access to e-books on research methods and accounting and finance, and online journals, as well as video recordings of teaching.
How will this Professional Accounting and Finance course from Aston University help my career?
You’ll be taught by our exceptional research and teaching staff. They have a range of experience and expertise, and include qualified accountants who have worked for prestigious global companies and the ‘Big 4’ as well as leading academics who are at the forefront of research in the field of accounting and finance. This means you will benefit from complementary perspectives and insights that will help you carry out well-informed rigorous research.
We use an innovative and engaging range of teaching methods. Lectures, tutorials, group work and case studies will introduce you to the latest research thinking in this field and give you the opportunity to critically consider its application in real-life business situations. These opportunities will enable you to learn about current practices and challenges in accounting and business finance research.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
By the end of this module you will be able to:
- Formulate viable research questions pertaining to different research approaches that are currently used in accounting and finance research.
- Critically examine the relationship between theory and evidence in the context of a particular research project that follows one of these approaches.
- Demonstrate the applicability of various concepts of research quality in research papers.
- Construct your own research design for a research project in accounting and finance, given your preferred approach to research
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 8 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesEconomics Finance Accounting View 270 other Masters in Accounting in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Minimum entry requirement is a completed level 7 professional accounting qualification from a Recognised Body.
- Institute of Chartered Accountants of England & Wales (ICAEW)
- A member body of Chartered Accountants Worldwide
- The Global Accounting Alliance
- The Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA)
- The Chartered Institute of Management Accountants (CIMA/AICPA)
- Another top tier nationally recognized accounting professional body.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International8500 GBP/fullTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8500 GBP for the full programme during 8 months.
National4500 GBP/fullTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4500 GBP for the full programme during 8 months.
Living costs for Birmingham
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.