Are you looking to develop your expertise and gain specialist knowledge to put you at the forefront of innovations in your chosen field?
Our flexible Optometry / Ophthalmic Science MSc has been designed for those working in full-time professional practice who want to develop their expertise and gain specialist knowledge while continuing to work.
Delivered online through our innovative framework of flexible credit accumulation, you’ll be able to select modules suited to your passions and career development goals, as well as the opportunity to further explore a topic of your choice with the MSc dissertation.
This Optometry - Ophthalmic Science programme from Aston University has been designed for those already in professional practice who want to advance their skills and gain a deeper understanding of their area of speciality, or develop knowledge in new areas.
Like the flexibility of this course, the career progression opportunities it provides is highly personal. Many students choose to undertake this qualification to progress within their selected specialist career path, others to branch out into new specialisms. Some students also choose to continue onto the Doctor of Optometry DOptom / Doctor of Ophthalmic Science DOphSc where they will complete an advanced research project.
Ophthalmic Technology and Devices Research Centre
Ocular Disease and Vascular Research
Physiological and Optics Research
Specialist Services Research
Accommodation and Presbyopia
Advanced Contact Lenses
General Ocular Therapeutics
- 60 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesPublic Health Human Medicine Health Sciences View 249 other Masters in Human Medicine in United Kingdom
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at Aston University and/or in United Kingdom, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- Minimum upper 2nd class (2:1) honours degree in an ophthalmic or biomedical field from a UK university or the recognised equivalent from an overseas university. More information on international degree requirements can be found on our Aston in your country webpage. Other qualifications (such as Fellowship of the British Dispensing Opticians) will be considered individually, on merit.
- Must have spent at least two years in clinical practice before entering the course.
- Applicants whose first language is not English will be required to provide evidence of an English language qualification. English language test requirements may be waived where students’ undergraduate degree was studied in an English speaking country.
International600 GBP/moduleTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 600 GBP per module during 60 months.
National600 GBP/moduleTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 600 GBP per module during 60 months.
£600per 10 credits
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.