As diseases emerge and evolve, medicine needs new, and innovative ways of combating them to save people’s lives.
Through an increased understanding of stem cells, scientists are discovering new treatments to repair diseased and damaged organs, and curing numerous health conditions and diseases. From exploring transplantation to cell regeneration, stem cell research really is the future of medicine.
By studying the Stem Cells and Regenerative Medicine at Aston University , you’ll discover more about how the use of stem cells in regenerative medicine and drug discovery is one of the most crucial areas of research today. You will gain the skills, insight and experience to be an indispensable asset to public or private organisations working at the forefront of medical research.
Ensuring you’re well prepared for your future career of choice is embedded within our curriculum, you’ll learn how to optimise key employability skills in the developing stem cell and regenerative medicine industries. In addition, our core employability module makes use of visiting lecturers from industry to illustrate the potential employment avenues open to you.
On successful graduation, you’ll be well prepared for a research-focused role in a broad spectrum of academic, commercial, industrial, biomedical or healthcare settings. You’ll also be well positioned to continue with further research in the form of a PhD, which is the next step for those interested in an academic career.
Recent graduate roles include:
- Clinical Research Associate
- Laboratory Technician
- Medical Research Technician
- PhD study
- Neuroscience Research Assistant
- Bioscience Technical Assistant
- Management Trainee
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Essential Laboratory Skills
- Professional Development and Research Communication Skills
- Applied Biotechnology
- Stem Cell Biology and Cellular Differentiation
- Tissue Regeneration
- Ageing and Regenerative Medicine
- Laboratory Competency
- Research Project
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesBiomedicine Human Medicine Molecular Sciences View 270 other Masters in Biomedicine in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- Lower second class honours degree (2:2) with a minimum overall of 55 per cent or above from a recognised university in a biological, biomedical or biochemistry based subject, or a related field. More information on international degree requirements can be found on our Aston in your country webpage.
- Applicants whose first language is not English will be required to provide evidence of an English language qualification. English language test requirements may be waived where students’ undergraduate degree was studied in an English speaking country.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International19700 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 19700 GBP for the full programme during 12 months.
National9550 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9550 GBP for the full programme during 12 months.
Living costs for Birmingham
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.