About Agricultural and Environmental Biotechnology at University of Perugia
The study plan includes front class lectures, seminars, lab practicals, visits, trainings or stages at both local university labs and other public and private research institutions or companies. The students will be able to customize the study plan through elective study units and a practical training period abroad.
CareersThis Agricultural and Environmental Biotechnology degree course from University of Perugia provides the ability to master general scientific information and methodology, specific professional knowledge in order to use conventional and advanced biotechnologies in project development and technological applications with the following objectives:
- agroecosystem management, including the introduction of genetically characterized plants, animals and microbes;
- study, conservation and use of agricultural genetic resources of plants, animals and microbes;
- molecular characterization of food products for quality control;
- genetic selection of plants, animals and microbes for improved quantity and quality of agricultural or agro-industrial products, including those destined to industrial, environmental, pharmaceutical, medical or veterinary applications;
- genetic transformation techniques for plants, animals and microbes;
- control of GMO presence in food products and risk evaluation related to the presence of GMOs in the environment, for the correct application of the precautionary principle;
- quality control of the seed and nursery industry products.
- Plant developmental biology
- Experimental methods in agriculture
- Biometrical genetics
- Biodiversity and plant evolution
- Applied microbiology
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , National
DisciplinesBiotechnology Agriculture Environmental Sciences View 21 other Masters in Environmental Sciences in Italy
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- at least 80 ECTS
- good command of the English language (at least level B2 of the Common European Framework of Reference)
- The requirements and the specific background of the candidate will be assessed by an Admission Committee. Moreover, if the final graduation mark (Laurea Triennale, BSc) is equal or lower than 99/110 (equivalent to 90/100), or the average marks of study-units is equal to or lower than 27/30 (equivalent to 90/100), the candidate will be interviewed.
International700 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1400 EUR for the full programme during 24 months.
National700 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1400 EUR for the full programme during 24 months.
Living costs for Perugia
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.