The Master of Science – Occupational Science program at Dalhousie University prepares students to conduct innovative research and use critical ways of knowing to develop theoretical perspectives on occupation, from within and/or outside the related profession of occupational therapy. Students have the opportunity to focus on specific individuals/populations, ways to increase occupational potential, social participation, health and wellbeing and promote the right to inclusive participation in occupations and meaningful daily activities . This online distant education degree program is well suited for students with diverse undergraduate degrees.
Why apply for our Master of Science – Occupational Science Program?
Dalhousie’s School of Occupational Therapy Master of Science – Occupational Science, offers educational and professional requirements that are attractive in today’s workplace. The program will:
- Broaden your perspectives on occupation by applying occupational science concepts to analyze policies, theories and social norms that are intended to enhance occupation.
- Teach you how to apply various research methods to address occupation-focused phenomena like revealing injustices or problems that preclude access to participation, the use of technologies and methods to track and analyze patterns of occupations and/or performance interventions in real time, or engaging in research that engages community partners in discovering ways to support inclusion in valued occupations.
- Expand your understanding of how occupational science is used to transform epistemologies, policies, procedures, and practices in various settings and across diverse contexts.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Occupational Science Theory: Doing, Being, Belonging, and Becoming
- Research Methods and Literacy
- Putting Knowledge to Use
- Social Inequities in Everyday Life
- Capstone Project: Leadership Through Occupation
- Contemporary and Global Issues in the World of Work
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesCommunication Sciences Natural Sciences
- Admission to the degree program is open to candidates who have completed a four year baccalaureate degree in a field which can be related to the interdisciplinary field of Occupational Science.
- Priority will be given to applicants who demonstrate the most favourable combination of academic excellence, leadership experiences, referee recommendation, and passion for the interdisciplinary field of occupational science. Priority will be given to full-time thesis students.
International10089 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 10089 CAD per year and a duration of 12 months.
National14223 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 14223 CAD per year and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.