The Global Development Studies degree from Norwegian University of Life Sciences (NMBU) is organized as a full-time program over a 2-year period with 120 study points. All teaching is in English, minimum requirements regarding English qualifications must be met. The degree consists of a series of courses including a Master’s thesis (30 or 60 points).
Students are encouraged to write their thesis on the basis of research carried out in ‘field’ conditions in developing or developed countries.
- Students find employment in a wide range of national and international institutions, government agencies, non-governmental development organizations, multilateral and bilateral aid organizations, businesses, research and teaching institutions.
- You will understand the connections and political and economic processes in the global North and South, and acquire the necessary analytical and practical skills to work in the field of international development.
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesInternational Relations International Development International Business View 5 other Masters in International Business in Norway
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Admission requires either a Bachelor degree, a Norwegian cand. mag. degree, or an equivalent background in one of the following fields: Social Sciences, Development Studies, Political Science, Education, Anthropology, Sociology, Resource Management or Economics.
- Applicants must meet the university’s requirement for English language proficiency and include a 1-page (A4) motivation letter.
InternationalFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR per year during 24 months.
NationalFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR per year during 24 months.
- Since NMBU is a publicly funded state university, there are no tuition fees.
- However, most students must pay a small semester fee.
Living costs for Ås
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.