Students in the Genome Science programme from Norwegian University of Life Sciences (NMBU) will investigate real biological questions in environmental and life sciences and learn how this new technology can be used to improve sustainable food and plant production.
You will get opportunity to work both nationally and internationally and will be qualified to work within:
- breeding companies for fish, animals and plants
- the biotechnology industries
- governmental, communal or private sectors as a manager, adviser/consultant
- lecturer (by adding 1 year of pedagogic)
- We welcome master students that are interested in genetics, evolutionary and comparative genomics, and bioinformatics. We focus on aquatic species and domesticated animals.
- We use state-of-the-art technologies for short and long-read sequencing, genome annotation, and editing genomes in vitro and in vivo.
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesBiology Microbiology View 17 other Masters in Biology in Norway
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Bachelor’s degree in biology, biotechnology, animal and plant sciences or equivalent education that includes statistics/bioinformatics, genetics/genomics and laboratory practicals.
- There is a minimum mark requirement of C for admission.
- Applicants must demonstrate English language ability in accordance with the NMBU regulations.
InternationalFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR per year during 24 months.
NationalFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR per year during 24 months.
- Since NMBU is a publicly funded state university, there are no tuition fees.
- However, most students must pay a small semester fee.
Living costs for Ås
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.