Graduates’ comprehensive interdisciplinary knowledge of the European Union, diplomatic skills, analytical skills, and in-depth economic skills will provide solid basis for their work in different institutions of the European Union, international organisations, as well as in the national public and private sectors.
- Competitive employment and excellent career – graduates work in international, European and national public and private institutions, diplomatic services, international journalism.
- After the graduation students in the European Studies and Economic Diplomacy programme from University of Latvia may proceed to enrol in doctoral studies and build career in academic and research field.
- Students are trained for analytical and managerial positions in the economic, political and social fields, for diplomatic work, for economic lobbying activities at the European Union level, and for further education in doctoral studies programmes leading to an academic career.
- The programme provides studies in international environment of lingual and cultural diversity by attracting both international students, lecturers and experts. Studies are conducted in English. Students go on study trip to European Union and NATO institutions in Brussels, Frankfurt and Luxembourg.
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , EEA/EU
DisciplinesEuropean Law European Studies View 4 other Masters in European Studies in Latvia
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Academic or professional Bachelor`s degree in economics or management science.
- Academic or professional Bachelor`s degree in other Social Sciences or Natural Sciences or Humanities and considerable work experience in the economic industry that includes appropriate preliminary knowledge.
- English language proficiency.
- Quality of CV.
- Quality of Motivation letter.
International2585 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5170 EUR for the full programme during 24 months.
EU/EEA2350 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4700 EUR for the full programme during 24 months.
Living costs for Riga
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.