The Master in Economics trains students to become applied economists, policymakers, consultants and business professionals in sectors and jobs requiring technical and analytical skills.It provides them with up-to-date quantitative and conceptual tools for economic, statistical and financial analysis, and it prepares them for policy and business practice.
The programme form Institute for European Studies - Universite Libre de Bruxelles, has a strong European flavour which manifests itself in specialized courses (such as European competition policy) or in the careful consideration, in other courses, of the specifics of the European dimension.
The Master in Economics is useful for a number of careers paths, including:
- Executive, analyst or project manager in national and international public or private organizations or NGOs
- Strategy or economic consultant
- Auditor and management control
- Business analyst and IT consultant
- Regulator or analyst in policy think tanks
- Executive in the financial, industrial and services sectors
- Applied econometrics
- Game theory with applications to economics
- International macroeconomics and finance
- Advanced microeconomics
- Advanced accounting
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
Criteria for Admission following submission of a dossier and decision by the jury for the focus Business Economics :
- Strong technical and analytical background : micro and macro-economics, statistics, mathematics, economics
- ECTS grade of B or higher;
- GMAT or GRE compulsory for holders of non EU BA degrees
- TOEFL or IELTS recommended for non-native English speakers without a BA degree in English
- Additional evaluation criteria include motivation, professional and extra-curricular activities and international exposure
International835 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 835 EUR per year during 24 months.
EU/EEA835 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 835 EUR per year during 24 months.
- Belgian, European or assimilated students: Regular fees : 835€
- Non-European students: from 835 € to 4175 €
Living costs for Aalst
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.