The programme consists of compulsory core courses and optional courses, and require the writing of a master thesis. All courses are given in English, subject to exception.The Master in Economics – Business Economics offers 3 tracks or concentrations:
- EU Regulation and Economy
- EU and International Business
- Financial Markets and Services
The Master in Economics from Institute for European Studies - Universite Libre de Bruxelles, trains students to become applied economists, policymakers, consultants and business professionals in sectors and jobs requiring technical and analytical skills.
The programme provides them with up-to-date quantitative and conceptual tools for economic, statistical and financial analysis, and it prepares them for policy and business practice.
The Master has a strong European flavour which manifests itself in specialized courses (such as European competition policy) or in the careful consideration, in other courses, of the specifics of the European dimension.
- Applied econometrics
- Game theory with applications to economics
- International macroeconomics and finance
- Advanced microeconomics
- Advanced accounting
- Advanced corporate finance
- Strategy and strategic analysis
- European regulation and business environment
- Data management and analytics
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
Criteria for Admission following submission of a dossier and decision by the jury for the focus Business Economics :
- Strong technical and analytical background : micro and macro-economics, statistics, mathematics, economics
- ECTS grade of B or higher;
- GMAT or GRE compulsory for holders of non EU BA degrees
- TOEFL or IELTS recommended for non-native English speakers without a BA degree in English
International835 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 835 EUR per year during 24 months.
EU/EEA835 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 835 EUR per year during 24 months.
- Belgian, European or assimilated students: Regular fees : 835€
- Non-European students: from 835 € to 4175 €, depending on where you are from
Living costs for Brussels
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.