Students in this Master of Education in Instructional Design from University of New Brunswick will explore the theories and processes of instructional design in the development of classroom instruction, web-based courses and other instructional media. Students examine the capabilities and constraints of traditional and emergent media, as well as the relationship between curriculum and culture.
To meet graduation requirements, complete one of these three routes:
- Thesis Route 30 credit hours (5 courses + the 15 credit hour thesis)
- Project Route 30 credit hours (8 courses + the 6 credit hour project)
- Course Route 30 credit hours (10 courses)
- Online Learning
- Key Issues and Debates
- Needs Assessment
- Design. Constructivist Learning Env.
- Designing Instructional Materials
- Instruct. Design for Online Learning
- 24 months
- 60 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesEducation Pedagogy Instructional Design View 12 other Masters in Instructional Design in Canada
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- a Bachelor’s degree in Education or a related discipline
- a minimum cumulative GPA or 3.0 (B)
- A completed online application
- Letter of interest
- Up-to-date resumé
- Three reference letters (academic references are preferred, particularly if other degrees were recent)
- Official transcripts (copied or opened transcripts are not official)
- at least one year of relevant work experience as an instructor or instructional designer.
International1435 CAD/moduleTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1435 CAD per module during 24 months.
National874 CAD/moduleTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 874 CAD per module during 24 months.
Living costs for Fredericton
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.