Understanding emerging technical and social issues in earth resources development is an important challenge when navigating subsurface work.
But the Earth Resources Development Engineering graduate program at Colorado School of Mines will help professionals develop skills and expertise related to mining sustainability, reclamation, Earth observation, modeling and more to ensure success when out in the field. The program offers a master’s non-thesis and master’s thesis option.
- Mining engineer
- Petroleum engineer
- Environmental engineer
- Geological engineer
- Natural resources engineer
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Regarding academics and research the Mining Engineering Department focuses on fundamental areas including:
- Geomechanics, rock mechanics and stability of underground and surface excavations
- Computerized mine design and related applications (including geostatistical modeling)
- Advanced integrated mining systems incorporating mine mechanization and mechanical mining systems
- Underground excavation, tunneling and construction
- Construction and project management
- Site characterization and geotechnical investigations, modeling and design in geoengineering
- Rock fragmentation
- Mineral processing, comminution and separation technology
- Bulk material handling
- Mine ventilation
- Mine safety and health
- Corporate Social Responsibility and Sustainability
- Artisanal and Small-Scale Mining
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesEarth Sciences Geology View 230 other Masters in Earth Sciences in United States
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Letters of Recommendation: Required – two letters. Only one letter of recommendation is required for current Mines students or Mines alumni.
- Resume or Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- Statement of Purpose
- Transcript(s): Required. Must be submitted for all schools attended (unofficial transcripts accepted for admissions review and must show successful completion of any required prerequisite course(s).
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International38466 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 38466 USD for the full programme during 12 months.
National38466 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 38466 USD for the full programme during 12 months.
In-State17154 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 17154 USD for the full programme during 12 months.
Living costs for Golden
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.