At Geomaterials and Geochemistry offered at Ludwig-Maximilians-University (LMU) Munich students will gain detailed knowledge of physical and chemical properties of materials. In specialized elective modules, students will receive training in both, in state-of-the-art analytical and experimental lab methods as well as in field-based methods.
Students at Geomaterials and Geochemistry offered at Ludwig-Maximilians-University (LMU) Munich will:
- explore challenging scientific projects and to learn innovative approaches for solving problems in Earth and materials sciences.
- gain an overall quantitative understanding in state-of-the-art analytical, numerical and experimental techniques that ideally prepare for a successful future career
- gain professional skills required to compete on the international job markets in cutting-edge PhD research programs, general academia, and industry successfully.
- Synthesis and Processing
- Mineral Surfaces and Reactivity
- Thermodynamical Phase Equilibria
- Deformation and Transformation
- Complementary Natural Sciences
- Advanced Materials Science
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
If you are an international student, make sure to additionally send the required hardcopies to the Program. We recommend to send them until May 15.
DisciplinesMaterials Science & Engineering Chemistry Geology View 43 other Masters in Materials Science & Engineering in Germany
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Copy of passport
- Certified copy of the B.Sc. degree (if already finished)
- Transcript of records of the courses and credits in your Bachelor program (minimum 150 ECTS).
- Essay (5,000-7,000 characters) in English in which your motivation, scientific background and competences for participating in the M.Sc. program are explained in detail
- Proof of English language proficiency of C1 level
- Applicants from the People's Republic of China, Mongolia, or Vietnam please also upload the APS-certificate of the German Embassy
InternationalFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR per semester during 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR per semester during 24 months.
In practice, Ludwig-Maximilians-University charges a solidary fee of approx. Euro 150 per semester.
Living costs for München
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.