Profile of the Master’s Programme
The Biofabrication programme of the University of Bayreuth is highly practice-oriented, offering you the opportunity to hone both your theoretical and practical skills. This combines with an excellent, far-reaching network of international partners in Australia, Thailand, France, the United States, the Netherlands, and Spain to give students plenty of ways to gain experience abroad. The curriculum, the instructors, and the involvement of selected international partner universities and research institutions in the areas of biomaterial research and biofabrication all help enable a smooth transition to further postgraduate studies or a demanding scientific career.
Fields of Employment
Biofabrication is considered a modern growth sector. There is an increasing demand for the skills addressed in the study programme in many different occupational fields:
- institutional and industrial research: fundamental research in medicine and biomedicine, especially in the area of medical engineering
- industrial development: developing medical implants and technical aids for diagnosis, therapy, and monitoring market approval for medical use
- clinical medical technology: operating complex systems, advising physicians, safety inspections
- Chemistry and Polymer Chemistry
- Cell Biology
- Tissue Engineering and Quality Management
- Computer Aided Engineering
- Processing of Polymeric Materials
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- A university degree (or completed studies) in the Bachelor's programmes (requiring 180 ECTS points) Materials Science & Engineering or Engineering Science at the University of Bayreuth or an equivalent degree
- One prerequisite for admission to the programme is the passing of an aptitude assessment process, which is conducted in English; it includes an evaluation of the applicant's qualifications and, if necessary, a personal interview
- Evidence of an industrial internship lasting at least thirteen weeks, to be submitted within one year of enrolment
- Language Proficiency: ENGLISH: level B2
InternationalFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR per year during 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Bayreuth
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.