Program OverviewThe AI, Quantum Computing, and Data Science of Tohoku University is a graduate program that combines a two-year master's program with a three-year doctoral program. A participant in this program must be a student of either of the four graduate schools: Graduate Schools of Information Sciences (GSIS), Life Sciences, Economics and Management, and Biomedical Engineering. Actually, the student’s learning and research are supervised by a primary mentor in the student’s graduate school. In addition, the program assigns a non-GSIS student with GSIS professor/associate professor as a sub-mentor for supporting the student’s application of data science to her/his research.
- Data Science Basic
- Interdisciplinary Information Sciences
- High-Performance Computing
- Computer Architecture
- Computer Vision
- Natural Language Processing
- 60 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesComputer Sciences Data Science & Big Data Artificial Intelligence View 11 other Masters in Computer Sciences in Japan
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Application for admission
- Two recommendation letters from different references
- Application for Japanese government (MEXT) scholarship
- Field of Study and Research Plan
- Official recommendation letter from the dean or higher level of your last institute
- Official academic transcript(s): Master’s + Doctor’s course applicant: official academic transcript of undergraduate
- Certificate(s) of graduation
- Photocopy of a valid score report of designated English test
- Photocopy of your passport or other identification documents
- Abstracts of thesis of undergraduate and master’s course (if applicable)
- 3 extra ID photos (4×3cm (1.6"×1.2")
International4115 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4115 EUR per year during 60 months.
National4115 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4115 EUR per year during 60 months.
- 535,800 JPY per year
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.