This is a conversion programme to enable graduates of a related discipline or current practitioners in the geospatial or related industry to acquire a qualification in Geographic Information Science at Masters Level.
The programme from Technological University Dublin, is delivered within Spatial Information Sciences in the School of Surveying and Construction Management in DIT Bolton Street.
It is an exciting and challenging time for the geospatial industry and also a time of opportunity. Government has recognised the value and benefit in promoting Ireland as a smart economy and developing the expertise and technology to manage and exploit new sources of information and technologies.
Development of such technologies requires highly skilled graduates with both strong computing and spatial analysis skills.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Fundamentals of GIS
- Spatial Data Acquisition
- GI Project Management
- Web and User Interface Design
- Spatial Databases
- Introduction to Programming
- Advanced GIS
- GIS Modelling
- Work Placement
- Web GIS
- Programming for GIS
- Advanced Spatial Data Management
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesGeography Geology Geographical Information Systems (GIS) View 101 other Masters in Geography in United Kingdom
- Up to Date Passport
- Grading Scale
- Degree / Date of Completion (Both Original Language & Translated)
- Transcripts for each year of study (Both Original Language & Translated)
- Proof of English Proficiency / Date of Exam
- Up to Date Resume
- Statement of Purpose (Some helpful tips for writing a personal statement/SOP to support your application for this course are listed below)
- We suggest you include some or all of the following points:
- Your statement should be approximately 500 words
- Your reasons for choosing the course
- What interests you about your chosen subject
- Any job, work experience, placement or voluntary work you have done, particularly if it is relevant to your subject. You may want to include the skills and experience you have gained from these activities
- What evidence you have to show that you can complete a higher education course that is taught in English.
- Please say if some of your studies have been assessed in English.
International2925 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2925 EUR per year during 24 months.
EU/EEA2925 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2925 EUR per year during 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.