It is suitable for applicants with a strong mathematical background who wish to develop their knowledge and appreciation of advanced mathematical topics as a preparation for research or to enter highly technical, research-focussed roles in business or industry. Graduates will acquire the analytical skills to perform advanced professional and technical roles.
The Mathematical Physics programme from Technological University Dublin, is aligned with the research strengths of the School and is informed by knowledge at the forefront of the discipline. The programme incorporates recent developments in research and facilitates the investigation of research topics of current interest. In addition, there is an emphasis on developing students' ability to analyse and solve problems in a rigorous mathematical framework.
Graduates of this programme are extremely well equipped to undertake postgraduate degrees by research and the programme provides a direct pathway to research in the School of Mathematical Sciences.
Graduates also possess advanced knowledge and skills in a highly technical subject and are well placed to enter professional roles and modern careers in and senior analytical and research roles. The programme produces effective and enterprising graduates who are not only expert in their discipline but also possess the ambition for constant enquiry and development.
These attributes make them extremely flexible and highly sought after by employers in sectors from finance to ICT and to the public sector. Graduates are also well placed to pursue careers in education.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Astrophysical Plasmas
- General Relativity & Cosmology
- Quantum Field Theory
- Classical Mechanics & Thermodynamics
- Special Relativity & Tensor Calculus
- Numerical Methods for Differential Equations
- Mathematical Laboratory
- Research Skills
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesPhysics Mathematics Natural Sciences View 163 other Masters in Physics in United Kingdom
- Up to Date Passport
- Grading Scale
- Degree / Date of Completion (Both Original Language & Translated)
- Transcripts for each year of study (Both Original Language & Translated)
- Proof of English Proficiency / Date of Exam
- Up to Date Resume
- Statement of Purpose (Some helpful tips for writing a personal statement/SOP to support your application for this course are listed below)
- We suggest you include some or all of the following points:
- Your statement should be approximately 500 words
- Your reasons for choosing the course
- What interests you about your chosen subject
- Any job, work experience, placement or voluntary work you have done, particularly if it is relevant to your subject. You may want to include the skills and experience you have gained from these activities
- What evidence you have to show that you can complete a higher education course that is taught in English.
- Please say if some of your studies have been assessed in English.
International2000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2000 EUR per year during 36 months.
EU/EEA2000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2000 EUR per year during 36 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.