The advantages of Development Teams and Operations Teams collaborating to improve the delivery of technology solutions has meant a rapid adoption of DevOps approaches to the Software Development Lifecycle. Closely associated with Lean and Agile concepts in enhancing the delivery of technology solutions, the DevOps approach has impacted very rapidly on the Technology industry.
Most existing DevOps ‘specialists’ grow or develop into their role with no formal standards or certification, and a modicum of training in the actual practice of cross functional DevOps practices. They may already be experienced, highly skilled, competent and high performers in their own field of Software Development, Computing, IT Management, or Quality Assurance but they can lack the knowledge and understanding of the other cross functional disciplines they now find themselves working with daily.
With most technology organisations moving their delivery platforms to a DevOps approach the shortage of people with cross sectional skills in DevOps is now acute. Developed by industry as a direct response to this need this first-ever Master’s degree in DevOps aims to fill these important talent gaps and give credit, recognition and credibility to technologists working in this field.
The DevOps programme from Technological University Dublin will help to develop the DevOps professional who can balance the trade-offs between requirements and costs, understands the business needs and the importance of effective communication to stakeholders.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Business Technology Strategy
- IT Infrastructure and Automation
- Continuous Software Delivery
- Human and Organisational Issues
- Enterprise Architecture Deployment
- Enterprise Architecture Design
- Research Methods and Proposal Writing
- Research Project
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesInformatics & Information Sciences Computer Sciences Software Engineering View 39 other Masters in Computer Sciences in Ireland
- Up to Date Passport
- Grading Scale
- Degree / Date of Completion (Both Original Language & Translated)
- Transcripts for each year of study (Both Original Language & Translated)
- Proof of English Proficiency / Date of Exam
- Up to Date Resume
- Statement of Purpose (Some helpful tips for writing a personal statement/SOP to support your application for this course are listed below)
- We suggest you include some or all of the following points:
- Your statement should be approximately 500 words
- Your reasons for choosing the course
- What interests you about your chosen subject
- Any job, work experience, placement or voluntary work you have done, particularly if it is relevant to your subject. You may want to include the skills and experience you have gained from these activities
- What evidence you have to show that you can complete a higher education course that is taught in English.
- Please say if some of your studies have been assessed in English.
EU/EEA1495 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1495 EUR per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Tallaght
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.