What you'll study
The modular nature of the Health Care Research Methods Online MSc programme at Queen Mary University of London is designed to fit in with your needs if you are in full-time employment. You will receive the taught element of the modules in three-day blocks approximately every four to six weeks.
You will learn how to design a clinical study and gain insights into practical aspects of early drug development. You will cover ethics and regulation and understand how to manage the data of a study. You will also gain a wider picture of the health management environment and the decision-making within it.
- Nine compulsory modules
- Compulsory 20,000-word dissertation
This programme will give you the academic background and specialist skills to carry out healthcare and clinical research. This programme will help nurses, medical doctors and other health professionals work in contract research organisations, the pharmaceutical industry and healthcare.
- Health and the Human Body (DL)
- Clinical Study Design (DL)
- Practical Aspects of Clinical Research and Early Drug Development (DL)
- Ethics and Regulation in Clinical Research (DL)
- Data Management: the Interpretation of Statistics and Pharmacokinetics (DL)
- Health and Pharmaco-Economics (DL)
- Pharmaceutical and Healthcare Marketing (DL)
- Specific Topics in Clinical Trial Design and Elective Project (DL)
- Dissertation (DL)
- 12 months
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesPublic Health Health Sciences View 1971 other Masters in Health Sciences in United Kingdom
- A 2:2 or above at undergraduate level in a relevant degree.
International23950 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 23950 GBP per year during 12 months.
National10950 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10950 GBP per year during 12 months.
Living costs for London
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.