It will provide a theoretical basis for gaining competence in the general aspects of managing the critically ill or injured patient. The student will also develop and demonstrate competence in the production of critical reviews and theoretical research activities.
- Develop a theoretical basis for managing the critically ill or injured patient
- Demonstrate competence in the production of critical reviews and theoretical research activities
- Advance and promote knowledge in the specialty and develop your leadership skills
- Obtain a higher qualification while in full time employment
What you'll study
The modular nature of the programme is designed to fit in with your needs if you are in full-time employment.
The Critical Care Online MSc programme at Queen Mary University of London is designed to ensure that course participants acquire the theoretical understanding and skills to advance and promote knowledge in the specialty and develop their leadership skills. Accordingly, students will be carefully selected to ensure that they are able to meet the high academic standards required to successfully complete the course. This MSc programme provides the opportunity for the attendees to obtain a higher degree while in full time employment.
For the delivery of this distance learning programme-, students have comprehensive study materials provided online and will have access to the appropriate software to view lectures and teaching material through the internet. With the recent infrastructure investment by QMUL, the new learning technologies (e.g. QMPlus, Echo360) will allow them to discuss and exchange ideas, share knowledge, and review the lecture sessions in their own time and at their own pace.
- Module 1: Pathophysiological basis of critical illness
Module 2: Supportive care for failing organ function
- Module 3: Care of the unconscious patient
- Module 4: Neurocritical Care and Trauma management
- Module 5: Decision making, communication and ethics
- Module 6: Research and Audit methodology
- Module 7: Special Patient Groups
- Module 8: Multidisciplinary team in critical care
- Module 9: Dissertation
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesPublic Health Health Sciences View 465 other Masters in Health Sciences in United Kingdom
- This programme is aimed at doctors, nurses and allied health professionals. Postgraduate experience of critical care medicine is essential.
International29950 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 29950 GBP per year during 12 months.
National11250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 11250 GBP per year during 12 months.
- UK: £5,650
- International: £15,000
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.