The Clinical Drug Development Online MSc programme at Queen Mary University of London is designed for individuals who need an understanding of drug development process and provides a detailed picture of the complex and highly interrelated activities required for the development cycle for drugs and biologics, from the process of discovery to successful commercialisation.
This programme provides students with the edge that the pharmaceutical industry requires.
- It empowers the professionals working within the field with the skills and understanding required for fast progression within the industry and contract research organisations (CROs).
What you'll study
We have developed a modular postgraduate programme in clinical drug development. It is designed to give you the academic background and specialist skills you need to carry out clinical drug development in a contract research organisation, pharmaceutical industry or health service environment.
The modular nature of the programme is designed to fit in with your needs if you are in full-time employment. You will receive the taught element of the modules in three-day blocks every four to six weeks (approximately).
Your initial modules will concentrate on early drug development. You will learn how to design a clinical study and gain insights into the practical aspects of early drug development. You will cover ethics and regulation and understand how to manage the data of a study. You will also gain a wider picture of drug discovery and pre-clinical research and development as well as toxicology.
Clinical Drug Development programme is designed for individuals seeking deeper understanding and insight into the area of Clinical Drug Development, Clinical Trial design and Clinical Trial Management in the following key areas:
- Drug Design
- Pharmaceutical Analysis
- Drug safety and pharmacovigilance
- Clinical trial management e.g. (clinical research associates)
- Regulatory Affairs
- Quality Assurance
- Medical Sales
- Drug Discovery and Pre-Clinical Research and Development (DL)
- Toxicology: from Molecules to Man (DL)
- Clinical Study Design (DL)
- Practical Aspects of Clinical Research and Early Drug Development (DL)
- Ethics and Regulation in Clinical Research (DL)
- Data Management: the Interpretation of Statistics and Pharmacokinetics (DL)
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesPharmacology View 3 other Masters in Pharmacology in United Kingdom
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at Queen Mary University of London and/or in United Kingdom, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- A 2:2 or above at undergraduate level in a related subject from a recognised academic institution.
International25150 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 25150 GBP per year during 12 months.
National11850 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 11850 GBP per year during 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.