You’ll discover how the treatment and diagnosis of cancer has advanced and how new therapies are developed, evaluated and implemented. You’ll also gain strong practical skills: you’ll take a research skills module and a three-month laboratory project.
- Study and contribute to the latest developments in the treatment of cancer
- Complete a three-month lab project, with an option to embed in one of our six research teams
- Taught by the UK’s leading oncology experts – we’re ranked number one for cancer research (REF 2014)
- Part-time option, so you can fit your studies around your other commitments
- An ideal career boost if you want to work in research, biotech or complete a PhD
What you'll study
This Cancer and Molecular and Cellular Biology Online MSc programme at Queen Mary University of London gives you a detailed and thorough understanding of the molecular and cellular basis of cancer and its treatments. You’ll also develop a deep knowledge of cancer biology, pathology, pharmacology and drug development.
You’ll study research methods and techniques, enabling you to make the most of the three-month laboratory project that forms a central component of the programme.
During your laboratory project, you’ll have the opportunity to undertake research at your workplace or an appropriate local research laboratory. You’ll gain valuable scientific and transferable skills, as well as experience of the research process – including preparation of a thesis – so you’ll have a solid foundation for a future career in scientific research.
This programme is delivered by the Barts Cancer Institute, a Cancer Research UK centre of excellence and part of the Cancer Research UK City of London Centre.
- Cancer Biology
- Cancer Pharmacology
- Drug Development
- Biological Therapies
- Molecular Diagnostics and Therapeutics
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesBiology Public Health Health Sciences View 1771 other Masters in Health Sciences in United Kingdom
- A 2:1 or above at undergraduate level in a relevant subject such as Biology, Chemistry, Pharmacology, Medicine from a recognised academic institution.
- Applicants with a 2:2 degree will be considered on an individual basis.
- The programme is open to graduate scientists, clinicians and other medical professionals working in healthcare, the pharmaceutical industry or contract research organisations.
International25150 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 25150 GBP per year during 12 months.
National11850 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 11850 GBP per year during 12 months.
- UK: £5,650
- International: £12,000
Living costs for London
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.