The overall aim of the Masters is to examine how human capacity can be enhanced across the lifespan in the socio-educational sector. It will provide participants with a critical understanding of concepts and approaches to enabling individuals and groups to realise their potential as human persons and participative communities.
The Child, Family and Community Studies programme from Technological University Dublin, aims to educate students to high levels of contemporary theoretical awareness in fields central to social services provision and to create an atmosphere of rigorous academic enquiry and writing.
Many participants on the MA in Child, Family and Community Studies already have practice experience and use the MA to develop their careers in different directions or to move in to management roles.
Graduates have gone on to work in a variety of sectors including development and policy work in social care, early childhood education and the voluntary care sector. It is not necessary to have prior professional experience, however, to find the programme beneficial for career development.
- Perspective on Child, Family and Community
- Equality, diversity and intercultural practice
- Transitions across the Lifespan
- Management Issues in Child, Family and Community Services
- Research Methods and Dissertation
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesFamily & Consumer Science Area & Cultural Studies View 644 other Masters in Area & Cultural Studies in United Kingdom
- Applicants must normally hold a second class honours bachelor degree, higher division (2.1) or higher in the area of social care, early education, social sciences, psychology, sociology, youth and community studies or cognate discipline.
- Applicants who do not meet the minimum academic requirements, but who have significant professional or vocational experience in child, family and community services shall also be considered.
International2835 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2835 EUR per year during 24 months.
EU/EEA2835 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2835 EUR per year during 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.