This one year work-based Crowded Space Design Management and Risk Analysis programme at the Edinburgh Napier University has been created by many of the key experts in this area. In fact, the course team has worked with Festivals and Events in more than 35 countries. It draws expertise from a wide range of international team members. The Programme's focus is on the integration of the physical and psychosocial processes involved in safely managing crowded spaces.
It provides students with a unique opportunity to create and test new theory and then practice this in the workplace. It delivers a comprehensive understanding of how densely populated areas are managed, secured and above all made safe for the tourism, hospitality, business, conference, music, events, sports and technology industries.
The course is targeted at managers and aspiring managers of festivals and events in the tourism, hospitality, business, conference, music, events, sports and technology industries. It is also aimed at anyone who is involved in the design and management of crowded spaces eg: shopping centres, public spaces and parks, transport hubs such as railway stations, and other areas where crowd are likely to gather.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Spatial Planning, Topography, Urban and Non-urban Design
- Psychosocial Engineering for Crowded Space
- Organisational Culture and the Management of Crowded Space
- Interdisciplinary Approaches to Spatial problems in Crowded Environments
- The Changing Crowded Space
- Research Methods
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- StartingApply anytime.
- You can apply all year round
DisciplinesDesign Risk Management Urban Planning View 134 other Masters in Risk Management in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- The entry requirement for this course is a Bachelor (Honours) Degree at 2:2 or above.
- We look for applicants to have a background in any discipline in order to be eligible for the programme.
- We may also consider lesser qualifications if you have sufficient professional work experience within the industry.
- We welcome applications from students studying a wide range of international qualifications.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International16075 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 16075 GBP for the full programme during 12 months.
National8040 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8040 GBP for the full programme during 12 months.
- Scotland, England, Wales, Northern Ireland, and Republic of Ireland: £8,040
- Overseas and EU: £16,075
Living costs for Edinburgh
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.