Why Study Cultural Studies ?
Knowledge of diverse cultures and communities, including one’s own culture, is no longer specific to the field of anthropology. The 21st century professions rely on cross-cultural communication and intercultural competence.
The Cultural Studies Program from the International University of Sarajevo encourages students to employ a range of research methods in the pursuit of knowledge and fosters field work, as well as community engagement. Moreover, students develop a sense of ethics and civic engagement in addition to their scholarly research.
Cultural Studies students learn how to examine and critically think on social, political and cultural issues improving the social cohesion in their own cultural environment. Cultural Studies department offers the courses related to aesthetics, film and performing arts theory.
Culture and folklore are compared and contrasted referring to the globally popular film genres and themes such as through the courses Vampire Cinema or Disney Culture Basics.
Cultural specifics of cinema and performing arts reflect the specific critical perspectives of the wide range of disciplines that are to be introduced and analyzed such as literary theory, ideology, psychology, sociology, anthropology, religion, folklore, suburban and pop culture, among others.
Our location in the heart of Europe, in the city of Sarajevo, a region celebrated for its multi-religious and multi-cultural character, provides a rich field for social and cultural research. Our graduate students have the opportunity to conduct critical and original research, including investigating matters of identity, power politics and representation.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Cultural Heritage and Tourism Industry
- Management and Cultural Industries
- Digital Media and Popular Culture
- Social and Cultural Theory
- Methodology in Social Sciences
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesArea & Cultural Studies General Studies & Classics
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Application form in which applicants must indicate the faculty and study program to which he/she applies
- Original and certified copy of the diploma for the previous education and Certificate of grades achieved during the studies;
- Official document for recognition of qualification for those who gained their degree outside of Bosnia and Herzegovina showing that candidates completed education adequate for continuation of studies, or document showing that recognition procedure has been initiated. In exceptional cases, candidates can be admitted conditionally, before foreign qualification recognition procedure is ended;
- Motivational letter
- Passport copy (with validity period of at least two years);
- Two photos, size 6x4;
- Certificate of no criminal record (not older than six months and only for foreign students who are doing residency permit through IUS services;
- Health Certificate
- Curriculum Vitae
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International3000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3000 EUR for the full programme during 12 months.
Living costs for Sarajevo
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.