Edinburgh Napier University aims, in the Accounting course, to provide you with the skills needed to demonstrate to employers that you have the ability to practise the craft of accounting and to gather, analyse, investigate, evaluate and communicate the essential records and numbers that businesses use in decision-making and performance evaluation.
How you’ll be taught
This is a full-time course and you will attend weekly lectures and tutorials, as well simulated boardroom sessions. You will also spend time on independent study using our extensive library resources.
You will be assessed through a variety of methods, including contributions to simulated boardroom sessions, peer review, written papers and written examinations. You will also complete a dissertation representing 400 hours’ research work.
On successful completion of this programme you will have the knowledge, understanding and skills to seek postgraduate-level employment in accountancy and to enter professional accountancy training. Alternatively you will be eligible to apply for progression to doctoral-level study in Accounting, Corporate Governance or Financial Management at the University or to seek entry to doctoral-level study at another higher education institution.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses include:
- This course will equip you with theoretical and practical learning in accounting, performance reporting, financial management and the management and governance of corporations.
- Our module on Accounting as a Profession will provide guidance on the practical role of the accountant and on accounting ethics, while our module on Transnational Financial Crime will provide insights into issues of such as the laundering of proceeds of crime and the financing of terrorism.
- Our module on Corporate Governance will further develop your communication skills in writing and in discussion in a simulated boardroom setting.
- You will also complete a research methods module, followed by a dissertation, which will enable you further to develop your skills in analysing qualitative and quantitative information, as well as in the development of research questions and the presentation of the results of academic research.
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- StartingApply anytime.
- You can apply all year round
DisciplinesFinance Marketing Accounting View 270 other Masters in Accounting in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- The entry requirement for this course is a Bachelor (Honours) Degree at 2:2 or above. We look for applicants to have a background in any discipline in order to be eligible for the programme.
- We may also consider lesser qualifications if you have sufficient professional work experience within the industry.
- Academic transcript
- Personal statement
- Evidence of English Language proficiency (if applicable).
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International16075 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 16075 GBP per year during 12 months.
National8040 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8040 GBP per year during 12 months.
- Scotland, England, Wales, Northern Ireland, and Republic of Ireland - £8,040
- Overseas and EU - £16,075
Living costs for Edinburgh
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.